Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Season Costs

For all you want to be land owners consider the real costs

Land payments xxxxxK
Hunting cabin payments xxxxK
Utilities at cabin xxxxK
Equipment costs and maintenance for food plots xxxxK
Fuel and Seed costs for food plots xxxxK
Licenses,gear,stands,gates, locks, signs xxxxK

total 20K +

I'M still thinkin about all the stuff that Scoffin got stolen throughout the past hunting season....wow, lots of real winners walking around in the woods.

Dude, why must you itemize your entire hunting costs??? You make me feel a little guilty.

I bought two cameras, 2 new stands, a nice harness, binoculars, and am about to drop $1000 on a bow. I feel a little guilty hiding all these costs from the wife, and straight up lied about what this bow is gonna cost... but what the hell. It's my favorite thing.

Don't forget to add the undies you left in the woods. Lol

For all you want to be land owners consider the real costs

Land payments xxxxxK
Hunting cabin payments xxxxK
Utilities at cabin xxxxK
Equipment costs and maintenance for food plots xxxxK
Fuel and Seed costs for food plots xxxxK
Licenses,gear,stands,gates, locks, signs xxxxK

total 20K +

Isn't that the truth.

I think you could of bought my land real
cheap a couple of times this year. :eek:

for me
$60 for Tags
$30 for bullets
gas was free
so about $90 bucks.
I got about 40 pounds of meat so
it came out to about 2.25 a pound
If you add in all the equipment I have bought over the years then it would be a little more but I didnt buy it this year so I am not adding it in.

As far as re wife goes... A not so wise man told me once, it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission .... She still thinks I won the new coyote gun at another banquet... She thinks I'm realm lol lucky....lol

Hey atleast your women don't hunt! LOL x that by 2 if you have a woman that likes to bowhunt! :D Ahh hell, I wouldn't trade it for the world! Going to LaCrosse Archery on Friday to put a new "custom" string on her passion. Having a woman that understands my sickness is priceless :way:

I personally spend more in gas $ each year then anything else. This year im going to try to figure out cost of meat. (What we would have spent on beef) but instead used venison.

I bought nothing new this yr, so it's gas and tags, gas being minor as I hunt b/w work and home anyways. I'll euro mount the buck myself so this yr will have been a cheap one.

Probably spent enough this year to have paid for a trip out west !!!!

However, this was a year of investing in relationships. Without considering the "normal" yearly items, probably spent about $500-600 on a tower blind I built a landowner on one tract I hunt and between $300-$400 on new stands/sticks on another tract owned by a friend who granted me part-time hunting rights when he is not hunting it. Hopefully both will pay dividends in the future. In addition, a $3,000 upgraded ATV so I can help with plots on both of the aforementioned parcels and it was an unusually expensive year for me.

Already trying to limit my items for next season to maintenance type things (bowstring, etc). Can't afford many more like 2011 with college expenses staring me in the face.

You also have to consider your time lost. Average time spent in the stand/hunting (not harvesting vs. harvesting), versus the time that you took off of work or other events.

NeoFie said:
You also have to consider your time lost. Average time spent in the stand/hunting (not harvesting vs. harvesting), versus the time that you took off of work or other events.

Truly I don't care about "not harvesting vs. harvesting". Don't get ne wrong I like get a big ole buck! I just love being out in the woods. The time spent with family and friends hunting is priceless!

Hell however much it is I'd spend a whole bunch more if I could connect on a big ol mature buck every year! Just love being out there. Sure as hell beats workin!

Sent from My Thunderbolt using IW

Hey atleast your women don't hunt! LOL x that by 2 if you have a woman that likes to bowhunt! :D Ahh hell, I wouldn't trade it for the world! Going to LaCrosse Archery on Friday to put a new "custom" string on her passion. Having a woman that understands my sickness is priceless :way:

Try it times three or four when the wife and kids all hunt as well...in the end its worth every penny.

Since my son and daughter have started regularly hunting with me the costs have gone up considerably! Best money I've ever spent :way: :way:

NWBuck

Top Bottom