Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

$$$$ Dicalcium Phosphate $$$$

blake

Life Member
hoofline.gif

I am setting out my trail cams and I discovered that I was running low of my secret mineral lick recipe. The word secret may be an exaggeration. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Anyway I went down to the local CO-OP to purchase some more ingredients.

I must say I was somewhat taken back when the 50# bag of Dicalcium Phosphate cost me $22.00. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif Huge increase from the price I paided last year.

Is anyone else paying this much for Di-Cal?

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<<

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone else paying this much for Di-Cal?
</div></div>

Haven't bought any as of late but nothing suprises me anymore...after I buy groceries and gas, I can barely afford to pay attention.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Everything that takes a lot of room on a truck has been going up due to the fuel prices. Dog Food, bird seed, softener salt, you name it. Stinks.

AH HA!!!

That's the price I was quoted at the local feed store earlier this year when one of the mineral lick threads on here stated it should be around $11/bag. I thought maybe the place was price gouging and I opted not to buy a bag, hoping to find a cheaper source. Looks like that might be the going rate now. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

That is exactly what I experienced, I about soiled myself. I did my mix with out the di cal. I am not to concerned about nutrition with the food plotting I am doing and decided to simply use it as an inventory site. I believe the deer are there for the salt and I am there for their pictures. This should still work out. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I had the same expierence. The guy told me it is all going to China. Told him what I wanted it for and he sold me Antler King 50# for $13.00.
Guess I'll use the premix stuff!!

I'm definitely skipping the Di-Cal at that price. Honestly, I'm guessing at the rate we mix it in, it's probably not making huge benefits to the herd anyway. Straight trace mineral should be just fine and at that price, it's going to be fine irregardless. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Top Bottom