Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Discussion for 2008 Non Resident Results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wonder how many will still pull a "governers tag"?
</div></div>

75, that's how many the law allows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It seems as though most of the denials were for bow hunters.</div></div>

Only 35% of the quota can be archery tags, that's why it's harder to draw an archery tag.

I'm confused why bowhunters are discriminated against in the lottery..... It shouldn't matter what your hunting with.... A bowhunter is more likley to spend more time & money in the state of Iowa. What happened to the brotherhood?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IA ML'r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

75, that's how many the law allows.</div></div>

That's about 70 more then it should be.

zones 5 and 9 had hunters with 2 points that were denied. Were there some that did draw with only 2 and if so how is it determined who gets them. Also in the past years has it taken 3 points to draw for zone 5. Which county is harder to draw 5 or 9 and does anyone know exactly how many in 5 with 2 points failed to draw. I know alot of questions

I think Mark Drury lives in south central Iowa and may be a resident now but that is only talk through the vine. I believe his nephew lives here as well...Osceola??

Smack, my partner and I got drawn for zone 5 and we each had two points. We applied as a group. I think that for zones 5 and 9, a little over a hundred people with 2 points did not get drawn.

In Iowa, are the group leader's points the only ones that count? If so, maybe there are some 2 or 3 pt. group leaders that had guys with zero or 1 point in their group. If the group leader gets drawn you'd have a lot of guys with low or no points scoring a tag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In Iowa, are the group leader's points the only ones that count?</div></div>

No, the group preference points match the group member with the lowest number of preference points.

Top Bottom