Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dog Training

spinefxr

PMA Member
We have a 3 month old black lab and were wondering if anyone has used the Pet Safe wireless fence system. I came across it in the Cabelas catalog. Or has anyone used a similar system to train their dog on their boundaries?

not sure spine, but i would like to know myself! i have always had excellent luck with shock colors on my coon hounds and as far as around the house that works also, but a red ryder BB gun to the toosh works well too! no i'm not being cruel because the BB doesn't even go through the hair, it just has enough of a sting to let them know that they need to get there rear-ends back up th the house, with these methods you have to watch them all the time, that's why i want to switch to the fence system! a little pricey though!
smirk.gif

If I'm thinking about the same thing here, a friend of mine uses this for his dogs and it works great. You place flags around the yard marking where the fence is for the dog and also showing the boundaries, they get the hint real quick when they get zapped. He doesn't even put the collar on the dog anymore.

Thanks for the replies guys. This is a wireless system that has a circumference of 180 feet. So there is no wire to bury. Seems like it would work well, just wondering if anyone had used this before.

Three of my friends have a system like this (but not wireless). They work great as long as the batteries on the dog's collar don't die. The dogs know when that happens, and take advantage of if. All 3 of my friends love the system, and another friend will be putting his in soon.

Top Bottom