Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Droptine buck

bradley

triplebeam
Is this the same deer ?
picture.php
picture.php

Different deer. The right side on the first picture has longer tine length, and appears to have a smaller nub of a drop tine as well. Definitely different deer. But then a years difference could cause that. Must be old if it's the same one.

Last edited:
I would say different on the fact of the spread between the g2 and g3 on the right beam is drastically different between the years.

Do you have any other pics from last year? I would also say different but there certainly a couple things that make him look the same. The obvious drop tine but the brows are also very similar. Looks like he may have had a nub of some sort growing in the base of his left brow which would also match this year. But over all I think the location of his tines are too different to be the same deer. That drop is oddly similar though.

Different deer! Brows are way different, the second deer looks way young (baby face). Outside the similar curly drop I see no similarities.

I say same. Much different camera angle on each shot and tines on right antler have changed which made me wonder but beams curve the same and left bases would have same curves if the camera angles were similar I think. I also noticed a white mark under his left nostril that is very bright, but not necessarily unique.

I'm gonna say different with the same genetics. The nub on the base of the left brow and the drop are the same, but overall the racks don't appear to be the same deer. If he was injured, or for some reason got sick while growing this year it could be the same deer, but that is a drastic drop in antler from year to year.

I would say same buck brows look about same both years. Drop almost identical. Few differences in tine lengths and spacing but ive seen that change before brows. What do you have for deer in area that would make a big difference whether or not its same buck. If alot of drop tine genetics are present it is pry different deer.

Same deer, sometimes they go downhill from stress or injury even if they aren't real old.

Different. Look at the tine spacing on his right side. Drop tine is also different. I'm still looking at the nostrils... Impossible to tell colors in an ir photo.

I think it is the same deer.Not many droptines in the area,brows & beams look the same still wide tines are shorter for whatever reason.

g2 right side, possibly drop on right side, brow tines left side, tine length on left side... definately different deer..

Top Bottom