Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Early Bird

bryan

I look forward to this week of turkey hunting every year...
My brother, Dad, and I always take a little road trip to our favorite turkey hunting spot, about 3 hours from home and have been doing so for about 15 years... Not only do we usually make memories out in the feild, but usually meet some great people along the way and come home with some funny storys...
This year was no different, I harvested my earliest bird ever at 7:30 in the morning on April 11... I heard them gobbling once they flew out of the tree and decided to make the move to get closer... Apparently it was the right move because i sat down made some cutts and purrs on my slate call and the tom came running up the hill... And the rest is history with a 9in. beard 1in. spurrs and 22lbs.
picture.php

As I was walking down the hill i heard a shot from where my dad was hunting, so i drove over there to pick him up thinking he got his bird also... As i was sitting in my truck below his hill i heard a gobble right up from my truck... As i was texting my brother about it i heard another shot right where i heard the gobble... About 10 mins later my dad came walking down with his bird... He ended up missing the first bird and as he walked up to the spot where he missed it. He made a call with his mouth call and one gobbled back and ended up killing that bird... That is why we call him Mr. Lucky ha ha...:way:
picture.php

My brother also harvested his bird the next afternoon so we had the rest of the weekend to sit back and relax...:drink2:

Top Bottom