Early ML

You could do one gun season with early ML (doe tag), but the proposal was that if you hunt early ML that you couldn't get a doe tag for either of the shotgun seasons because of the loophole. Frankly, I'm for it. I hate loopholes.

I heard from a friend of a friend who is friends with a weatherman that this 90s weather is going to last through OCTOBER. I'm a little skeptical of that but who knows really?? If that's the case I won't be sitting at all in October.

cvadave said:
Are they still talking about. If you go early ML, that you will not be able to do Shot gun season 1 or 2.

They changed that this year. If you buy early muzzy you cannot buy any shotgun tags. (excluding landowner)

Page 3 of JNR's link

Hunters who obtain paid early muzzleloader
deer license may not obtain a paid antlerless​
deer license during either shotgun season.

I wasn't sure if this was passed or not. Guess I know now. I'm gonna have some PO'd people buying tags this year. Personally I don't mind. Thanks for posting this...

jjohnson said:
http://www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf

OK so if you look at page 6 on the new antlerless quotas. The non-shaded areas don't have a january season at all???? I thought Branstad was gonna shoot all the proposed changes down again? I think I'm reading it right. If that's the case Saweet......

I read it the same way. November season is gone and unshaded counties have no January season. These are the new regs for this year.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Back