Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ethics:

I own ground and manage it during bow and when we group hunt it during shotgun. Only kids get to shoot at bucks we would not consider wallhangers and once they shot a buck they have to become selective too. Not everyone is hunting for wall hangers. Many groups hunt for the tradition, comradery and venison to name a few. I think its sad you think you are being "HURT" because of this style of hunting. You think you are being hurt because the "trophy" is at the top of your reason to be hunting, that is not the case for a lot of deer hunters and there is nothing wrong with that. Not every buck has Boone and Crockett potential, in fact I'd say a large % of deer could be let grow to 5.5 or older and never reach 150"s.

Great post. Not everyone is a rack hunter. Some of us are actually deer hunters.

Great post. Not everyone is a rack hunter. Some of us are actually deer hunters.
As long as people aren't pushing with trucks, and killing a ton of 2 year old bucks...it's all good. I love how meat hunters hold out and kill 120ish bucks...then say..well can't eat the antlers. No shit. So shoot a doe.

As long as people aren't pushing with trucks, and killing a ton of 2 year old bucks...it's all good. I love how meat hunters hold out and kill 120ish bucks...then say..well can't eat the antlers. No shit. So shoot a doe.

i love the I'm a "meat hunter" saying. lol cracks me up.

If people want to blast the hell out of their land sounds great go ahead. What drives me nuts is the trespassing that goes on with party hunting. Land owners shouldn't have to police their farms. You will never keep every person off your land, but I can handle one guy walking on my farm OCCASSIONALLY. Hell, he can even sit in my stand if that means 15 guys aren't going to push our section when I'm not around and shoot God who knows what. I hate party hunting for this simple fact. I don't want every deer on my property to be harassed and pushed. Keep shotgun hunting/season and reduce party numbers if we must keep the "tradition".

Last edited:
Top Bottom