Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Far-fetched?? IW's Believe it or Not..

Few years ago on opening morning of the first gun season I felt an uneasy rumble in my tummy. I knew what was coming next but I wanted to wait cause it was just breaking daylight and I didn't want to miss anything. As you all know that feeling there was no waiting I mean I didn't even make it f yards from stand and I had to take immediate action or I was gonna have a mess. So I tore off all my 15 layers and proceeded to do my business. Just short of finishing up I hear a deer grunting, I told myself no way this is happening, I turn to look around tree and there he his cruising tree line grunting, this great buck was still rutting good. I pulled up what clothes I could but before I could get a shot off he had went over the hill. So I decide to make a decision that I hope nobody ever seen or caught on camera. I took off after buck with clothes trailing me. I managed to make it to the top of hill only to see the buck making scrape. In an instant he looked at me and I shot him, knocked him down. I immediately grab my muddy drawers, not stinky mud just mud and head back to gather the rest of my clothes. The whole time thinking man I must really love this hunting to do such a thing. When I return to look at the buck I can see he is thrashing so I quickly shoot him again. He completely quit moving whew I got him. I reach down to grab the antlers and he jumps up and takes off, I was so caught off guard I fire a round right into the dirt. The buck goes 100yds turns around and looks at me on top of a hill. No shot being on top of hill. I go sit and wait until buddy comes to get me 2 hours later and to make a long story short we had to track and shoot that buck two more times. All but one slug was in a bad spot. Never seen a buck that tough in my life. He cost me a pair of long johns to boot. Still remember it like it was yesterday. CRAZY!

Few years ago on opening morning of the first gun season I felt an uneasy rumble in my tummy. I knew what was coming next but I wanted to wait cause it was just breaking daylight and I didn't want to miss anything. As you all know that feeling there was no waiting I mean I didn't even make it f yards from stand and I had to take immediate action or I was gonna have a mess. So I tore off all my 15 layers and proceeded to do my business. Just short of finishing up I hear a deer grunting, I told myself no way this is happening, I turn to look around tree and there he his cruising tree line grunting, this great buck was still rutting good. I pulled up what clothes I could but before I could get a shot off he had went over the hill. So I decide to make a decision that I hope nobody ever seen or caught on camera. I took off after buck with clothes trailing me. I managed to make it to the top of hill only to see the buck making scrape. In an instant he looked at me and I shot him, knocked him down. I immediately grab my muddy drawers, not stinky mud just mud and head back to gather the rest of my clothes. The whole time thinking man I must really love this hunting to do such a thing. When I return to look at the buck I can see he is thrashing so I quickly shoot him again. He completely quit moving whew I got him. I reach down to grab the antlers and he jumps up and takes off, I was so caught off guard I fire a round right into the dirt. The buck goes 100yds turns around and looks at me on top of a hill. No shot being on top of hill. I go sit and wait until buddy comes to get me 2 hours later and to make a long story short we had to track and shoot that buck two more times. All but one slug was in a bad spot. Never seen a buck that tough in my life. He cost me a pair of long johns to boot. Still remember it like it was yesterday. CRAZY!

Hilarious! Sounds like one of those paintings you see with the guy doing his business and there is a monster standing right behind him! got any pics of the deer to post along with your story?

Two years ago I was Posting and a big doe ran up and stopped 25 yards out broadside. I already had gun on my knees ready to shoot, I aim shoot and she doesnt move at all. I then noticed the brace cable for the Power Pole was about 5 yards short of her and I didnt see it in the scope I saw it then cause it was bouncing around like a jump rope. Yep I smoked that cable and it still has a big dent right in it but didnt break, I couldnt believe it.

Years ago, as soon as the bell rang, I used to jet out of the HS parking lot a couple of times per week, with my gun in the back seat ready to go, try that one nowadays, to get in about 45 minutes of pheasant hunting after school before the 4:30P daily close.

I had a place just outside of town that 1 or 2 guys could hunt real quick and often get a rooster or two. It was friends house and there was a brushy ditch that ended at the road probably only 50 yards from their house. If there were 2 of us, 1 guy would block at the road ditch and the other would push towards him.

I was by myself this day so once I heard pheasants running ahead of me on the leaves I knew they would run to the road ditch and flush out of range, drats! So being a quick thinker :grin:, I exited the cover and ran ahead through the cut bean field parallel to the ditch until I reached the road and then I just stood there knowing there was a bird or two in the grassy ditch in front of me....sure enough, out pops a rooster 10 feet away from me.

BOOM! Feathers everywhere and the bird drops in the cut beans about 20 yards away. I start walking over to him, kind of proud of myself for outwitting him, and he picks up and starts running away from me! Yikes, I take quick aim....CLICK! I hadn't cycled a new shell in! :( By now he is flying and he quickly swerves toward the house! No shot!! Crap, I am going to lose him...but just as quickly he flies a big, slow motion circle and lands right back in front of me in the bean field. BOOM! Dead rooster. :way: Had it all the time! :grin:

I kid you not, he flew a 40 yard "boomerang" circle right back to me! Later, when I was cleaning him I realized what had happened. My first shot had blasted about 75% of his right wing feathers away, hence the big feather poof when I first shot him. He then flew a circle because of a radical wing imbalance and ended up right back where he started, lucky for me! :D I am sure he was crapping his pants, assuming a rooster can crap his pants :D, as he was unintentionally flying right back to my gun.

On another note...I wasn't there to see this but a friend of mine also had a "dead" deer story that resembled an earlier one in this post. I believe the group had 2 or 3 "dead" deer in the back of a pickup and were crossing a field when one of them stood up in the bed and was staggering around. Everyone was stunned at first and laughing like crazy.

Somehow the rear window got broken, I think by the buck, and it got out of bed and was loping across the field in an apparent unbelieveble escape...only it ran right to another blocker that hadn't been picked up yet and he dropped it once and for all. Dang it! Almost made it! :D

Me and a buddy were spring turkey hunting and i was setup on a treeline and my buddy was set up on another tree line over 200 yards from me yards from me, all that separated us was a big humped corn field. Right after sunrise I hear BOOM! and look in the direction of my buddy and I see this big tom flying right to me. Now this tom is not missing a beat....all of a sudden as it gets to me, It just crash lands hits the ground no more than 3 yards from me and doesn't move! My buddy calls me and said he shot at one but missed...saying that he saw it fly for 150 yards until it disappeared. I calmly told him that I have his tom and that it crashed landed and about killed me as well.

A guy I went to high school with was hunting one chilly morning and got the ol' rumbling in the tummy going on. Well he had to hurry, so he unzipped his coveralls and just kind of threw them back off his arms and did his business. Well he gets finished, stands up, and goes to pull his coveralls back on...not realizing he had crapped in his coveralls he was in such a hurry. He flung his own crap all over his backside. Once he realized what he did he just threw those coveralls off and jumped into a little standing water in a nearby creek.

whitetaildave24 said:
A guy I went to high school with was hunting one chilly morning and got the ol' rumbling in the tummy going on. Well he had to hurry, so he unzipped his coveralls and just kind of threw them back off his arms and did his business. Well he gets finished, stands up, and goes to pull his coveralls back on...not realizing he had crapped in his coveralls he was in such a hurry. He flung his own crap all over his backside. Once he realized what he did he just threw those coveralls off and jumped into a little standing water in a nearby creek.

That had to SUCK!

arrow flinger

tell him he looked like chit? :D

I've actually got a few.

Several years ago I was shed hunting some public ground with my cousin and a buddy. Two of us go one way and my cousin goes another. We are walking for about 30 minutes and we see this nice 8 point buck limping about 150 yards in front of us in the timber.

Instinctively we got down and watched him. He looked like he was running from something....sure enough there was my cousin following him. So we ran and caught up to my cousin but by the time we got to him the buck had dissapeared into the brush. We split up and started looking for him. When we caught up to him he was totally exhausted and had already dropped one of his antlers. I didnt want to get too close to him so I grabbed a long stick and hit his other antler hoping it would come off. It did on the first swing! We grabbed his antler and were off to look for the other that he dropped. We found it about 200 yards away! That buck was probably very very happy that we left :) Don't know if he ever healed up or not but he sure was exhausted.

Next one involved my father in-law. We were hunting in stands about 200 yards across a field and we could see each other through the binos pretty well. Anyway, he had never shot a deer with a bow.....It was a cool crisp morning and right at daybreak I hit the horns. This little 6 point came charging in at me like he was going to beat someone down. It was very fun to watch as he would respond to anything. He would lose interest for a second then I would hit the grunt call and he would turn around and charge back under my stand. My father in law could see this happening through the binos so he decided to give it a shot. He hit the horns and this buck took off on a dead sprint right at him! So naturally I started watching through the binos. The buck got to within 20 yards and turned broadside. He drew back and let the arrow go. The sound it made when it hit was the loudest noise ever! The buck instantly dropped and began rolling down the hill at the end of the field towards the creek. By this time I lost sight of him. My father in law said that he wasnt moving at all. He thought he had hit an antler and maybe knocked him out....It was still really early and he didnt want to ruin my hunt so he stayed up in the stand while the buck was below him laying motionless near the creek.

About 15 minutes passed and he heard something splashing around by the buck. He looked down and sure enough he was staggering to his feet! He could tell he was woozy and he started stumbling up the hill back towards the field. He got to about 20 yards from the stand broadside and presented a perfect shot. My father in law hit him again (double lung this time) and he went about 40 yards into the middle of the field and went down....this time he did not get back up :) We looked everywhere for the first arrow and never found it....
So we walk up on the buck and start looking at him for signs of the first hit. It didnt take long to find that the first shot hit him RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOREHEAD!!!! He was using a G5 Montec and the entire broadhead penetrated the skull and was lodged into his brain. The arrow broke off right at the broadhead on impact. We couldnt believe it. This thing was totally lodged and we couldnt get it out. It took a hammer to break away more of the skull to get it. Amazingly the broadhead had minimal damage and still looked like it could be shot! We didnt think about it at the time but that would have been one awesome european mount! I still can't believe that buck ever got back up let alone started walking away!

My story is not funny, but kind of bizarre. I was slickhead hunting a couple years ago, in one of my favorite stands, on a hidden food plot. I had a doe coming down the trail straight toward me. She came in, turned broadside & I shot her. She dropped about ten yds where I shot and she was still in the food plot. About twenty minutes later I look up to see a small basket rack buck heading towards me, on the same trail. He comes into the food plot, and he goes straight over to the doe I had just killed. He sniffs her rear end, goes to the front tries to nudge/kiss her for several minutes, and then he proceeds to stand over her head and pee on her. I'm thinking to myself WTF??? He doesn't leave. He goes to my right and starts hitting a scrape and licking branch for a couple minutes. Then he comes back under my stand and goes to another scrape/licking branch for several minutes and works them over. ( I've been watching this little **** for at least 20 min now.) He gets done at the second scrape and heads back to the doe. He proceeds to strattle the entire body of the doe this time (his nose towards her rear end) and he sniffs her and proceeds to pee on her face again. I couldn't control my laughter the second time and ended up spooking him off. This all happened before I had a camera, so nobody really has ever believed that this would happen. But it did, and apparently I've got a buck running around that likes the freaky stuff.:D

I was pheasant hunting a waterway with two buddies and a good bird dog one November afternoon. The dog was working birds up ahead of us and I was walking down the middle of the waterway in a very narrow, dry creek bed. I had to plow through grass about waist high that had laid down and inter-weaved with grass on the other side of the narrow creek bed. I looked up ahead to see movement in the grass "tunnel" coming toward me. If you have ever seen the movie "Tremors" with the giant worm things that travel underground that would be the best way to describe how it looked coming at me! The grass would hump up about every four feet or so and was getting closer to me at an alarming rate of speed. Before I could even react, something big nearly knocked me off of my feet! I looked down to see the open mouth of a snarling coyote by my crotch!!!! He was sneaking up the creek bed to escape the dog and hunters and I just happened to be in his way! Thankfully he elected "flight" over "fight" and exited stage left while I looked like Michel Jackson in concert feeling my junk to make sure it was all still in tact! :D The coyotes day got worse when he ran smack dab into a load of six shot to the face and went rolling as my buddy was laughing so hard I can't believe he made the shot. I skinned the yote and kept the skull in remembrance of the day I almost lost my manhood! :D

Dude that is just nasty! I wish there was a puking smiley, cause that's probly what I woulda been doing.

i know a guy that did this same thing only ended up with poop everywhere....in his hair and everything. between that guy, his bro and his dad, they have AT LEAST 15-20 stories that involve "emergencies" either in their pants or off the tree stand etc!

One year I was a Punching Bag for wildlife. While fishing a tournament on the Mississippi river, I was the passenger in a single console bass boat that went 60mph through a flock of mudhen's on the water. They get up and fly in the direction we are going but only a couple feet off the water. I had at least 4 birds hit me. It was like 45 degrees and drizziling. I swear I would be missing a finger or two from the impacts.

Later that same year I was pheasant hunting standing corn. While walking down the rows I hear an uncle that was about 20 rows away yell "Deer". 1 second later, that deer ran smack dab into my side on a dead sprint. I've never been so happy to see a doe in my life.

i know a guy that did this same thing only ended up with poop everywhere....in his hair and everything. between that guy, his bro and his dad, they have AT LEAST 15-20 stories that involve "emergencies" either in their pants or off the tree stand etc!

Funny, I know the same family. The "Shatz"bergz. :way:

Not really crazy but odd.
Me and 3 buddies came down to some Public ground in Iowa last year justa cross the border a little ways shed hunting. Horrible weather that day. rain, thunder, lighting etc... Found my first ever triple of little horns. As we are walking back to the parking area at the end of the day, we are in a huge CRP field and my buddie happens to look down and there was a perfectly shaped, still intact shot sabot from a muzzleloader. You could tell it had been shot but still had some shape to it. This is in a field of about 60 acres. We keep walking and came up on the blind the guy had to have been sitting in and it had the empty packaging from those particular sabots laying on the ground behind a 4x8 sheet of plywood.

Several of these stories have reminded me of others that I have that are very similar.

My first turkey:
I use to go along with my dad a couple times a year and watch him until I went out for the first time right after I turned 13. We were hunting public ground at the time. After two days of trying to figure out where the hell we were/where we were going way back in no-mans land, we finally got to where we wanted to be. We set up so that I was about 10 yards in front of my dad sitting against a tree with his trusty 870 12 ga and he was calling from behind me. A gobbler was roosted within 100 yds of us and he flew down and immediately came in. I blasted him at about 20 steps and he rolled. We were just jumping up to go get the turkey and the bird jumped to his feet and took off running.. My dad started yelling "Shoot him again!" In all the excitement, I forgot that after shooting a round through a pump shotgun, you didn't have to press the button down by the trigger guard to unlock the action and I was pressing it trying to get another round in while I was running, which was jamming the action. Somehow, I managed to get another shell in the chamber and shot at the turkey again and hit him in the legs with a few bb's. He kept running, by this time, my dad had passed me up at a dead sprint after the tom. Finally, the bird kind of stopped and was trying to juke my old man out and he dove on the fully alert bird and pretty much karate chopped him in the head to finish him off.... we still talk about that to this day.. We figure we had chased him about 100yds through the timber on public ground. I can only imagine what someone would have been thinking if they saw that.

Another good story which was pretty similar to previous ones was of some friends that I have that slug hunt. One of my buddies was a walker in a drive and had a nice 11 pt get up infront of him. He shot the buck and it jumped the ditch and "died" right on the gravel road. He tagged it right away and him and one of the other walkers dragged the deer across about 50 yards of field to hide the deer in the trees so someone wouldn't see it and take it while they finished the push. They came back after the drive to get the deer and it was gone. His dad noticed some blood and they started tracking it.. The buck jumped up and his dad shot and hit it in the leg and somehow that finally killed it. What would happen if someone else in another group would have shot that buck to kill it? Being that it was already tagged, who would get to claim it? hmm

Top Bottom