Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fell out of tree stand

Hodge

Just wanted to share my story to maybe prevent something like this ever happening to someone else.

I was hunting yesterday morning and decided to get lunch around noon and before I headed out of the woods I wanted to check out this paticular part of the woods as I was leaving, on a new lease that I got this year. I found an old stand and a set of sticks and a hang on. I climbed up to the stand to get a look around for a possible afternoon hunt spot. As I was transitioning from the stand to the sticks coming down, the bolt that connects the sticks to the tree brace snapped in half causing the top portion of the sticks to give way sending me 16 feet to the ground. Luckily I landed on my feet and my arms caught a barb wire fence. I laid on the ground for a good 10 minutes but was able to walk away with just a couple sore arms and legs.

Just wanted to maybe help prevent this of happening to someone like you guys. You never really know the condtion of some stand that has been there a couple years.

good luck and stay safe!!

Glad it worked out okay for you and you were able to walk away.

Just wanted to share my story to maybe prevent something like this ever happening to someone else.

I was hunting yesterday morning and decided to get lunch around noon and before I headed out of the woods I wanted to check out this paticular part of the woods as I was leaving, on a new lease that I got this year. I found an old stand and a set of sticks and a hang on. I climbed up to the stand to get a look around for a possible afternoon hunt spot. As I was transitioning from the stand to the sticks coming down, the bolt that connects the sticks to the tree brace snapped in half causing the top portion of the sticks to give way sending me 16 feet to the ground. Luckily I landed on my feet and my arms caught a barb wire fence. I laid on the ground for a good 10 minutes but was able to walk away with just a couple sore arms and legs.

Just wanted to maybe help prevent this of happening to someone like you guys. You never really know the condtion of some stand that has been there a couple years.

good luck and stay safe!!

Trespassers? They just steal the stands..... Screw using them Lmao.

Glad you landed alright. That is why I do not trust any stand that I did not put up, or haven't checked over. Keep you feet and knees together and roll to a side when you hit the ground. Trust me it works when jumping out of planes, it will work if you are going to land feet first from a tree.

Top Bottom