Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First bow buck down 11/5

Khughes2345

PMA Member
Hey guys, I've only been bowhunting a few years now, and this is my first buck with a bow. I enjoy reading all the harvest stories and all the big bucks everyone on this site puts down, so it's a nice feeling doing it myself now.

Well I decided to hunt a newer property I got onto last summer. So this was the 2nd year I've hunted there. I knew there was some good bucks on this farm, as I had 1 really close encounter with a giant buck last year with no shot oppurtunity, and seen many others out of shooting range. I stared to get a cold friday night, and this morning when i got up at 5 I felt like crap, but it's Nov. 5th, so I was going out no matter what. I got to my stand this morning about 30 minutes before sunrise with intentions of sitting all day with a good SE wind. Well the wind was more of an ENE wind, but it would have to do. About 8am I caught movement from the north and this buck (the one i shot) came right to my stand and pushed 2 bedded does up. I got a good look at him and saw his g2 on his left was either broke or really weak, so i watched him a while with about 10 different shot oppurtunities. After he trotted off I regreted not shooting him and I thought I'd never see him again. Seen 3 more does aound my stand the next few hours, and 4 different basket racks and spikes. I then notice the same 8 I passed earlier about 100 yards crossing a picked corn field, so i grunted at him and he came within 20 yards with no shot, then walks off. Well to make a long story a little shorter, at about 11:15 I see the same 8 (must have circled the entire property 3 times bc he'd leave one way and come back on the other side) about 80 yards away, he looked beat from running around looking for does. I grunted once and he came right at me. He was 10 yards right behind a tree, I drew back and he stepped right out, I gave him a maaah and shot. He ran about 35 yards and piled up within sight. It was AWESOME!!! I started texting one of my buddies, and he called me and said relax and calm down, then get down. So i sat for 15-20 minutes sorta shook up, then got my nerves under control and walked right up too him. arrow made a complete pass thru, and hit both lungs, probably will be the easiest track job I ever have. Not the biggest buck in the woods, but he's a dandy to me.

I have to thank my cousin and his buddy too, for helping me drag him a couple 100 yards

399344984.jpg

399344994.jpg

wish i would have gotten some better close ups, his brows were pretty gnarly, along with his right g2. they were all heavily bladed

thanks for comments guys. i got some doe tags to fill now, hope i don't see some of the pigs i got on trail cam walk 10 yards away. that will be hard to take

Top Bottom