Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

fishing trip recap

rookie10pt

It all started when one about 7 months ago when one of the guys that go's to our church heard that the biggest fish that we(a few other guys and I) had ever caught was a 12in bass. So, 7 months later we are up at Lake Of The Woods, MN(he had been here a couple time before in the last year and had limited out on fish) to do some walleye and northern fishing. Let me tell you it was a BLAST. Caught my biggest fish to date, wile some of the other guys caught some real studs!! The fish was bad the first couple days because of the mayfly hatch, but by the end of the week the fishing was fair... the last day our group of 13 people caught 19 keepers.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:
Nice fish, being there with a mayfly hatch going on had to be a bad break. You persevered though and caught some good ones, congrats!

Trust me, LOTW can be 20x better though if you get the right conditions. :way:

Awesome fish! Those mayfly hatches are why I will never return to that type of fishing without my fly rod! I've seem some hogs rise up and slurp mayflies!

Looks like an awesome trip. Nice fish my friend! I don't know a thing about mayflies, or fishing, or anything really that lives in the water for that matter....but it sounds like it must've been tough. Way to get it done anyways.

Top Bottom