Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

G5 t3 or rage 2 blade

jamesfry

Im deciding whether or not to go rage or t3 i want a lot of cutting diameter but i also want penetration

indiana bow hunter

I've never used either, although I keep getting tempted by the T3. I know a bunch of guys out here who are using the T3 on bull elk and getting complete pass throughs, while breaking several ribs along the way. A buddy of mine used a T3 last year and hit his elk at 70 yards (slightly quartering away), breaking several ribs before lodging in the off-side shoulder blade. Hard to argue that kind of penetration!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Ive shot rage 2-blades since they came out. Havnt had one thing to complain about. The only way I will ever switch is if they stop making them.

I am maken the switch to the T3 this year. After losing a buck two years ago and almost losing mine this year I will not be using the rage three blade ever again. They seam to lock on each other when making quartering shots.

Shot the T3's last year and absolutely loved them! Great wounds and great bloodtrails. Only thing about them is when you shoot them, replace the spider clips.

Last year my 3 pack harvested numerous deer. I would tear them apart when I got home, clean out the blade grooves, sharpen the blades with a ceramic stone (till they would slice a piece of paper with little pressure, and then rebuild them with a new spider clip. They were like new again sharpness wise and did awesome when "re-using" them on deer. If there was any large nicks, or bends in the blades they were thrown away. Only blades that were in good shape made it to re-sharpening.

Wat poundage is really appropriate for these broadheads at 14 ill be pulling 55 or 60 by winter so

indiana bow hunter

The t3's are junk. The clips are crap and rarely keep the blades fixed. the casting is also brittle. I pulled one out of a tree and the casting snapped above the threads.

2 blades are great after re-ringed.

I've had my eye on the new blood runners as well.

Ryan

Been using the Rage 2 and 3 blades with tons of scucess. Tried the T3 2 years ago, lost 2 does. Probably my fault but I lost confidence in them and went back to rage. Took my best buck days later. Rage has some new styles coming out including one with a chisel point, appear to be pretty good heads.

I've used both and had quick kills with both. Everyone has thier own opinions but to say one or the other is junk is just wrong.

I shot a doe with a 2 blade Rage last year and she died 60 yards later. I also shot a buck last year with the T3 and he made it about the same distance.

This is a Chevy Ford kinda deal. Both are good heads especially when put in the kill zone

Thanks for the thread. I have been using Muzzy 3 blade 100s. Last year had 3 deer all run less than 60 yards. Just getting tired of adjusting my sight for the muzzys. Also tired of shooting broadheads and destroying targets.

after last years buck i cant say enough about the rage, ive used them and also the old spitfire 100 with good success with both although the rage left a lot better blood trail..im sold by the rage

My brother has killed several deer with the 2 blade rage all of which didn't go far. He shoots 60 pounds. That being said, I am still using the wasp jakhammers with great success. Go with what you have confidence in and take out the lungs!

I use the 2 blade 100 grain rage. I made a horrible shot last fall on a moving deer. Hit him low and way back but the rage did the trick. I will not shoot anything but them because the deer went 50 yards and died. I got lucky and hit an artery, but I think the cutting diameter of the rage saved me.

I shout my bull elk with the G5 Montec messed the bull up shot him at 22 yard coming straight Up the ridge towards me right in the neck buried that arrow to its fletchings. Was dead in 50 yards!!
I also used a swacker on a wild boar. Complete pass-through and the boar down on 30 seconds.

i shoot either the mx3 or the rocket meat seeker three blade. ive never had a deer go further then a hundred yards with either. complete pass throughs. and their tough as nails. that meat seeker is the only expandable ill ever shoot, you can shoot one through a deer clean it off band it up and shoot another one with it. they are tough!

Top Bottom