Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gallstones

lxshooter

O.k. after reading TH4's post about his ulcer I was wondering if anyone has had gallstones.

I think that I might have them but still havent gone to the Dr. I keep getting a pain in my right side just below my last rib on the left side of it. It use to hurt if I ate greasy or fatty foods but now it will hurt when I get stressed out. One way that I relieve the pain is to put my arm straight in the air like I'm stretching it out. Sometimes it feels someone is laying a hot iron on my side or poking me with a buring hot poker.

So has anyone ever had something like this??

hoofline.gif

Most people with gallstones have no symptoms. They are usually unaware that they have gallstones unless symptoms occur.

Symptoms usually occur as complications develop. The most common symptom is in pain the right upper part of the abdomen. Attacks may occur every few days, weeks, or months; they may even be separated by years.

The pain usually starts within 30 minutes after a fatty or greasy meal. The pain is usually severe, dull, and constant, and can last from one to five hours. It may radiate to the right shoulder or back. It occurs frequently at night and may awaken you from sleep. It can be brought on by eating and especially fatty foods that cause the gallbladder to contract. The pain may make you want to move around to seek relief.

I would suggest that you seek the advice of your family physician. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And no I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.....I am a Registered Nurse. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

hoofline.gif

398ibalogo_1_.gif

PM
Ron Wyllie
Southwest Iowa IBA Area Representative
rwyllie@iowawhitetail.com

LX see a Doctor, I'm going through the very same stuff. Turns out my Gallbladder has no function. So as soon as Shed Hunting and my upcoming wedding is over I'll be having it out.

Good luck!
Chris

I don't know if that is a gallstone or not...

All I know is I had a kidney stone last year, and I wouldn't wish that kind of pain on anyone.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Top Bottom