Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Going Stealth

confused.gif
I am hung up with how to go in, set my stand, hunt and take my stand with me.
My area is not blessed with trees that a climber will work on.
Do those of you who carry your stand in and out, prep your trees before hand? I am thinking this is the time of year a guy should do that.
Evening hunts I could and have put the stand up and hunted it. Generally it takes a half hour and makes more noise and commotion than I feel comfortable with. Any hints or suggestions will be appreciated

we use mainly ladder stands and have the hung long before the season starts. This year I only hunted out of the 5 stands we had for one evening, the rest of the season I just would go to an area I thought would be good or knew had deer in it, and then picked out a big tree and stood by it. Kinda like turkey hunting! I was amazed how well it worked, shot my biggest buck to date this way and missed a doe, one time I had 7 does from 5 to 40 yards away and was able to draw, shot, miss, reknock an arrow, draw, shoot again, miss AGAIN, and then they ran off! Didn't know the distances and cut off her belly hair on both shots, should have used the range finder but the deer were on me too fast! This is my main tactic for deer hunting now, just easy and works!

Do a search for Lone Wolf and you will find a bunch of threads that deal with this same topic, lots of info there.

Top Bottom