Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

good buck down

LYON

PMA Member
Got together with some good friends today to do some hunting. Saw a lot of deer, some really nice bucks that didn't go the right way and ended up tag teaming this boy with another guy in the group. He missed with his muzzy, then hit it with his .44mag and it came right to me and I put a good shot on him and dropped him. We went back and forth a bit with the "you can have it if you want it" and it was eventually decided that he gets it. Good buck that after the fact we realized is quite young and would probably have been a giant in a couple of years.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwMTAxLTAwMTE2LmpwZw.jpg

who cares how old he is if you're happy with him. He won't be getting any bigger now! :grin: Congrats on a fine buck!

:way:

That is the only problem with pushing deer you don't have much time to decide what you are going to do.

With this late muzzleloader season and the weather I think your best chance of getting a buck though is by pushing them because they don't have any reason to move at this point.

Skyleralan, that's extactly what I told one of the guys in our group. That's pretty much the only reason I have against drives. I still do them, but generally, you don't have enough time to really get a good hard look at the deer you are shooting.

skyleralan said:
That is the only problem with pushing deer you don't have much time to decide what you are going to do.

With this late muzzleloader season and the weather I think your best chance of getting a buck though is by pushing them because they don't have any reason to move at this point.

Yeh that and it is illegal to party hunt during muzzy season

Its illegal to party hunt late muzzy, but you can group hunt and push... just cant use each others tags like shotgun

It's amazing that there are still people who do not know the difference between "party hunting" and doing pushes.

It's amazing that there are still people who do not know the difference between "party hunting" and doing pushes.

X2.

Top Bottom