Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

GoPro Camera?

JUNIOR

I would like to get a gopro camera to beable to record my bow hunts, I have looked at acouple models and all the specs stuf for them, but i would like to know what is there max yardage before it starts get unclear, and you have to squint your eyes to see the deer! Does anyone use one?

I've mounted mine to my .243 & it handled it fine but there is no way to zoom in on anything. Shooting 525 yards you can't even see what I'm shooting at. I think it would be great for a bow but haven't tried it yet. I do use it for ice fishing.

Last edited:
I have tried one for Bow hunting and I works great for really close shots. Under 10 yards. I attached it right to the stabilizer and mounting it was easy. I had video of a nice deer that I passed at 20 yards with what I thought was good light and I put in on my LCD TV and it was tough to see the deer (poor lighting and at 20 yards looked like over 100 on TV). I would not recommend it for bow hunting.

I did however try this year a sport vue POV HD. It has a 4x zoom, mic and even allows you to change the light setting on the camera for when it get to dusk so you still have good light. It records in 1080 at no zoom and 720 dpi with zoom. A little harder mount to the bow but I found a spot. Looks like $219 on their website right now. The camera unit is waterproof, took me some practice to get the camera right but I shot a buck with it this year and it was very exciting to see your hunt.

Top Bottom