Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ground Blinds

Mandity

I was wondering how much do you gotta blend in the blind with existing cover? Also since I shoot 3 blade rage and can't shoot through mesh do I need to wear all black and does the black holes that the deer see spook them? Thanks

We like to have a blinds out earlier in the season so the seer get used to it, and when I'm in a blind I always wear black. You don't have to wear black if the Windows are down, imo.

Sometimes the black holes make them nervous, but just resist the urge to open up the windows anymore than you have too. The deer on my farm dont mind a new blind right away. I usually only brush it in slightly to break up the shape, otherwise, especially in cornfields the mice tend to take over and make a mess and chew everything up.Wearing black is probably best, just dont open any windows that allow the sun to shine in on you.We do all of our hunting from portable and permenant ground blinds.

Ground blinds can be very successful. I left one out in 09 and had deer all over me in November. I don't have that option now that I'm hunting public land unless I build a natural blind.

Most times a treestand is better, but there's certain places you just can't get into a tree. Brush it in and leave it out. Just don't mess up the area too much, b/c it seems like the deer can spot it better if you re-arrange the entire area.

Depends how long it is out, my permanent blind is not brushed in but has been there a number of years. Time is more important than anything else. They know if something has been messed with in their living room. So just break it up a little.

I hunt exclusively from ground blinds, and I like to disappear.

P1010005.jpg

PA310216.jpg

PA310217.jpg

Thanks guys for all your input. I appreciate it. Also thanks for pics. Looks like I gotta brush it in a little more to make it invisible compared to the pics you posted.

On my farm I have bulldozed my brush piles. That works great for blinds. In fact I'm in one right now!

Top Bottom