Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gun cabinet

LYON

PMA Member
Well, I almost finished her up last night. I still have a couple of minor details to do including the name on the header above the door. Again, thanks for all the ideas on that, still not completely set on what I want to do. I am also going to put an old hinged lock on it so the kids can't get in there. One last minute feature I did was hang a light inside above the door where it cant be seen and rigged it up so when the door opens, it turns on. Definitely helpful as this baby doesn't let much light in. All-in-all, it didn't take me too long, probably got 15-20 hours in it. Not a professional job by any means, but turned out about like I had planned. I wanted it too somewhat resemble an old barn in that the cuts and corners are not perfect so I did all the cuts with a circular saw. Fun project! Hope you enjoy.
IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

Very nice dont take this the wrong way but i like how it looks like a really old out house or shed that you would find in the middle of the woods. Nice piece

Doeregulator - My brother and dad said to cut a half moon in the door. Then it would look like an outhouse :D

Longtail - I can do that, but it won't be free:way:

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
LYON said:
Doeregulator - My brother and dad said to cut a half moon in the door. Then it would look like an outhouse :D

Haha you should totally do that and at the top put " the sodie two holer" hahahahaha sorry for those of you that dont know the best hunting movie ever made.

Suppose i should tell everyone the movie since i doubt very few know it and i recommend everyone watch it and then you would know why it would be so awsome for lyons nice cabinet. . . Escanaba in da moonlight

Longtail - I can do that, but it won't be free:way:

Exactly what I was thinking! It kinda resembles an outhouse. Would be hilarious

I ended up going with "the toy box". That's the one that stuck in my head the most. The good thing is that the board that has the writing can be replaced very easily, so if I ever get tired of that phrase or think of a better one, I can change it.

Top Bottom