Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hard to believe........

Liv4Rut

I was digging through some boxes the other day looking for something and came across an old photo album I started when I first took up hunting. I found a picture of my first deer I ever shot in my life with bow. A doe that was bigger than I was at the time when I was 10. I remember it like it was yesterday. Man time flies, that was 19 years ago!!!!

Let's see your first deer photo!!
982-first_doe_bow.jpg

About the same age. Liver shot a nice button buck with my XI Silverhawk and never looked back. Vintage Trebark and vintage plastic glasses.
IMG_4680.jpg

Here is my first buck with a bow back in 1998! Shot him out of a Walnut tree standing on a small wood crotch stand (piece of wood with teeth on each end....hinged in the middle....stood on them to set them).....he came walking down an old logging road....shaking like a leaf....remember every second of it. On cloud 9 for the rest of the year!
firstbuck.jpg

First buck (1937) Remember it like it was yesterday. Still my biggest to date! Great thread Liv

picture.php

Surprised this thread didn't take off a bit more. Nobody has pictures of their firsts or what? Maybe we should post pics of our first girlfriends. Mine was ugly as hell, but a damn good cook.

Didn't have cameras back then...

No seriously, it was in the early 80's, but will have to fire up the scanner when I get home later today...

NWBuck

Had to play in this one...kinda cool looking through all the old pics.

Not the first one I shot with a bow, but the first one I found a picture of in my albums. November 23, 1985...it IS the first buck I had mounted though :way:

FirstBuck.jpg

Cool thread. I never took pictures either until the last few years. I remember my first deer though like it was yesterday. I put a terrible shot on it with my muzzleloader as it was running full bore past me at about 10 yards. Guess where I hit it???? That's right, back leg. It went down within probably 100 yards. Little button buck.

Cool Thread!
1994 I shot my first deer a doe which I have no picture of.

1995 I shot my first buck shotgun hunting the small 6 pointer.

591150.jpg

My first buck with the bow 1996. Frickin cold. I believe it was Nov. 26. Sitting up in the stand thinking I am nuts. I could barely hold my bow I was so cold. I had passed on 14 different bucks that fall and was just hoping to fill my tag on a doe. The first deer coming up the trail was this guy. Looked right up at me turned around when down a steep hill side. While this was going on I started grunting at him with my mouth. Had no grunt call. I don't even think I even new what they were! LOL
He ended coming back up the hill side and I smoked him. Watched him run up the next hill and he did the drunken stand and then toppled over.

Scan7.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom