Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How do you pack in your stand?

DMiller6868

Hey guys. I wanted to see how everyone packed their stand in and if they preferred to be "mobile" or just hang a bunch of sets before the season?

I'm using the lone wolf setup with 4 sticks right now and have found it to be a lot more effective, and quieter, than my climber.

I'm using the Core Loading & Attachment Device as well to pack everything in which makes a huge difference, and also doubles as a lumbar support when I'm in the stand sitting for long hours.

www.TheCLAD.com

Also, how high do you typically prefer to go in most of your sets? I've got a friend who wont go lower than 25 but that seems like the shot angles would be too steep...

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice

Molle pack frame. Will take pictures if you want.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using IW

I tried the molle straps and while they work well they aren't all that comfortable imo.

Try the CLAD, it will make a big difference for you. The difference in price is worth it.

I use the lone wolf alpha with 5 sticks, strapped to a badlands 2200. Works great.

Depending on the area, I won't always use the 5th stick because I'll be up above the canopy. 4 sticks gets me to 20 feet, 5 to 25 feet. Open areas I like to get up higher. Thick and dense areas its not necessary.

Lone Wolf with 4 sticks on my back. I use a fanny pack for my calls, etc. I can either wear it or strap it to the stand.

Prefer to hang sets before the season. Typically use ladder stands for ease of setup and safety while climbing. Always add an extra section or two to the ladder to gain height. Seem to get pretty sweated up when packing in a climber, even with my Lone Wolf.

I just set 5-6 stands prior to season. If I need to move one, I do it mid day and sit that evening and the following am. Ive packed stands and sticks in, and no matter how hard a guy tries, its still too noisy on a calm morning for my liking.

I did adopt a Cary in method for this year tho. I'm setting two sets of steps up on two ideal trees. I'll be buying a lone wolf to Cary in and set with plans to sit it for 2-3 days in a row with favorable winds. If the wind is to change, I'll pull the stand that night and hunt the other tree. Only reason i m doing this is because I want a comfortable stand to hunt all day at this property in Nov, and I don't want to leave a good stand in the tree for too long, and avoid setting the stand every outting. Had 2 cheap ones stolen once that were even locked to the tree.

Last edited:
Prefer to hang sets before the season. Typically use ladder stands for ease of setup and safety while climbing. Always add an extra section or two to the ladder to gain height. Seem to get pretty sweated up when packing in a climber, even with my Lone Wolf.

I agree, tough to beat a well placed ladder stand.

I tried the molle straps and while they work well they aren't all that comfortable imo.

Try the CLAD, it will make a big difference for you. The difference in price is worth it.

Are you affiliated in the making, designing or selling of the CLAD?

Last edited:
Are you affiliated in the making, designing or selling of the CLAD?

Yes, Cooter. I most certainly am.

Hope that's not an issue. I've been a long time lurker and member here. I found something that made a huge difference for me and simply wanted to share it with others. Let me know if that's not permitted.

I use the lone wolf alpha with 5 sticks, strapped to a badlands 2200. Works great.

Depending on the area, I won't always use the 5th stick because I'll be up above the canopy. 4 sticks gets me to 20 feet, 5 to 25 feet. Open areas I like to get up higher. Thick and dense areas its not necessary.

That's what I was debating. Whether to go with a 5th stick or not as I'm always at that 18-20' mark and it has gotten me busted several times now.

That's what I was debating. Whether to go with a 5th stick or not as I'm always at that 18-20' mark and it has gotten me busted several times now.

I'd say go for it! 20' is usually my mark, sometimes 23-24'..some at 18', but never lower unless the tree forces me to be at 15-16'th. Im hangin a stand this week that I'm going to have to be around 28'. I like being up a ways and it has helped a lot!

I just use steps to get the extra height tho.

Last edited:
I favor the well placed ladder stand early while they are in their established feeding patterns but I find myself needing the mobility later on. I pack a 12' Rivers Edge on a M.O.L.L.E. pack frame where I also strap my outer layer and video gear. Weighs in at under 50# and is my go-to setup.

Top Bottom