Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many tags do you get a year?

Charger5

Just curious how many tags everyone gets a year for all seasons for deer?

Me personally I get a tag for bow and shotgun. Then rotate a doe tag every year between bow and shot gun. So hopefully 3 deer total a year.

5 last year filled 0.

1 bow tag this year and probably 1 late muzzy.

Mobile Cooter using IW

1-statewide archery only......1- landowner archery only!! I'm not allowed to own firearms! :D For a reason!!!!! :mad:

I buy an antler less for archery and shotgun and anysex for each as well. If I fill the antler less with bow, then I leave the shotgun one unused.

1-statewide archery only......1- landowner archery only!! I'm not allowed to own firearms! :D For a reason!!!!! :mad:
Maybe I'm wrong, but can't you still hunt with a muzzleloader? A guy I have worked with went on a somewhat lengthy "vacation" and I thought he still muzzeloader hunted. Or at least got a late muzzleloader tag and used his bow which I know is legal.

To answer the question 1 Bow tag, and 1 Muzzleloader tag (late this year). Sometimes I purchase a doe tag as well, but haven't this year yet.

1 regular bow tag, 1 land owner bow tag, 3 doe bow tags, 1 late muzz tag, 3 late rifle season tags..filled all of them except my land owner bow tag last year.

SouthernIowa said:
1 regular bow tag, 1 land owner bow tag, 3 doe bow tags, 1 late muzz tag, 3 late rifle season tags..filled all of them except my land owner bow tag last year.

Did u really eat all 8 deer?

1 regular bow tag. Antlerless bow tag. 1 bowlandowner any deer, 1 bow antlerless landowner. May get a late muzzleloader any deer.

1 deer is going to a family that can't hunt anymore
2 for my family
And whatever I fill after that goes to HUSH

And I know people may rip on me for the down deer population. But the deer herd where I hunt was not affected by it and we are still over populated.

Let's see.....

1 Bow any sex. That is filled
5 bow antlerless, for for 2 different counties and a management zone, after I fill one of those management tags I will get a special buck tag. Need to get on that but have not had time.
1 Late Muzz any sex
1 First shotgun doe tag

So 8 tags soon to be 9, I hope. I will not even try to fill all these tags. I like to keep my options open as to where and when I hunt. Since I filled my bow tag my goal is to fill the 3 management tags, which I try to do off of three different properties scattered around town. Then the buck tags if one bigger then what I already took gives me a shot. That should happen since my bow buck was kind of a mistake. The shotgun tag is to go with my boy. He mentioned during youth season he would like it if I had a weapon and was actually hunting with him, highly doubt I will even be tempted to fill this tag. My family eats everything I get. If we can't eat it I won't kill it.

Last edited:
i usually get a bow any sex and a shotgun 1 any sex, but this year i got a bow any sex, 1st shotgun doe tag, and a late muzzy any sex

Top Bottom