Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting mornings early season

sooner308

This year started out phenomenal as far as weather. I feel it is way too early in the season to hunt mornings(my opinion). I have always found or felt it best to wait until late October to start trying mornings, but I have a deer using a funnel between two properties consistently early/mid morning and with the overly cool days we have had to start October and NW winds, I am having a internal struggle to not go get out in the stand and give it a shot. I am curious on everybody’s thoughts on this.

I generally don't hunt mornings early in the season, but if you had the right spot then there is no reason not to...as long as you can get in and out clean. IMO, you definitely do not want to foul up an area at this time.

Set the alarm for a sunrise hunt tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, deer were moving well tonight, even older bucks. My son had our #1 within 50 yards of him tonight...no shot though. But very encouraging to see him.

FWIW, deer were moving well tonight, even older bucks. My son had our #1 within 50 yards of him tonight...no shot though. But very encouraging to see him.

I had decent activity last night and this morning in regards to general deer movement. No antlered deer past the stand yesterday afternoon, had two 2.5 yr old tens walk past this am. Didn't see the buck I was looking for....

I hunted Saturday morning and I was covered up in deer from about 7:30 to 9. I hunted sunday morning and the movement was amazing. Little bucks grunting and pushing does. Ended up filling 2 of my anterless tags. I was just packing up to get out of the stand and it happened. I would say if you have the right wind and you can get in between their food and bedding it can work out.

Top Bottom