Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I came close to winning.

The Power Ball, Only 90 miles away. In lieu of that we had some conversations on, "What would you do, if?"
Well the first thing would be to retire. On the short list would be to buy a "Hobby farm" and of course my Hobby is Whitetails.
Now the question. There is a lot of conversation on high fence hunting, and regardless I would not be interested in putting 8' chain link fence around anything other than a dog kennel. It would however be interesting to develop a fence that would not impede a deer's ability to come and go, but would discourage trespassing and road hunters. After all a 4 wire barb wire fence was designed to keep cattle in, with little regard for keeping people out. What do you see that fence looking like?

LOL. I daydreamed about this myself. First I would find a property that would be set up to essentially keep the deer at a fair distance from the road, with food plots cover etc. I could be dreaming, but I'm sure I seen a trailcam/home security style system that you could have multiple cameras within a 10 mile radius and check from one central location. Those would be placed at misc spots, in steel boxes on steel posts, camoflauged and they would be occassionaly moved. Primarily near any existing deer hangouts that where near the roadways. I would also have them in spots that would be likely access points for trespassers. I would also let it be well known to everyone that there was a system in place to catch anyone not suppose to be there. Kind of hard to argue a case if I have it on film. As for the other cameras, they would be on food plots etc. I would have them ran from one central computer, just for the cameras and IW visits. Dreamily I would have them set up to record everything onto cd's or something. So, even if one was found and tampered with or destroyed, I would still have it recorded. Not to mention I could have a catalog of all the animal activites.

I guess my point got missed. Question was not how to secure a property, but rather could you design a fence that would let deer travel in and out, while being a major deterrent to trespassers.
Aside from the fascination of winning the lottery, it might just be valuable in managing a deer herd and staying record book legal.

Sorry suppose I drifted, lol. I couldn't think of an actual fence, so the security system was installed, lol.

Top Bottom