Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IOWA MONSTER UPDATE

lungbuster29

im sure everyone knows of the deer that chris wood has shot and i know for a fact that chris wood does not have the deer. the iowa dnr took it for tresspasing and i heard that from a guy that knows first hand about the deer and has put his hands on the deer

Giant deer it is.......I am not saying I know anything for sure, but I had heard that there might be some suspicion about wether it was taken legally or not. BUT that comes with nearly every giant buck. We will see how it pans out in the future I am sure.

If true that does suck. When you say trespass was he "hunting" property without permission, or did he cross a fence to recover the animal or a similar type circumstance? There's a difference in my eyes.

the story, as i have heard it (mostly hearsay) is that these guys were hunting with an outfitter. the group was told to "go where ever you want, no one down here cares". the group was preparing to hunt a tract, the landowner comes out and kicks them off. later in the day, they come back to the same place, hunt, and kill the deer.

go to home page, go to BIG BUCK WATCH- it's the giant that "already has contraversy surrounding it". It's a pretty tiny deer, I'd guess it scores about 110" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

IF he did tresspass and people keep verifying that as TRUTH- Good, hope it was taken away- STEAMS ME!! IF that ends up not being true and he got it totally legitimately- good for him, congrats on the buck of a lifetime!!! I love it when folks shoot giants totally legitimately through hard work, hard hunting, management and a little luck!!!

It could be a scenario that goes on every shotgun season.

You follow one guy who says he has permission to hunt there and he brings 10 others with him.

This is just one of the reasons I don't shotgun hunt anymore. Everybody assumes they have permission w/ out asking. Recipe for disaster.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd guess it scores about 110" </div></div>

per side...Damn tiny.

All I know is hearsay as well and the combination of stories above add up everything I've heard.

Too bad a big deer has to go out like this and that the DNR's the one to end up with it...but if it's "evidence" than so be it. I'd like to believe innocent until proven guilty, but not much seems to be adding up in Chris's favor from what I've heard.

If it was a legal harvest, I'm not sure the DNR would have the buck right now and I'm not sure that everyone would be in the shadows about the 'particulars' of the hunt and harvest photos.

Big buck regardless.

Speculation surrounds every giant buck in our sport unfortunately. Jealousy is hard to stop. If he shot it legally my hats off to him on the buck of a lifetime!!! If not, I hope they fine him appropriately.

IF the DNR does have the buck then some of the "hearsay" must be true for them to confiscate the rack.

This is not the story that I heard today. A buddy of mine spoke with "Woody" today and he stated that he has heard all kinds of rumors surrounding his deer and it's harvest. He stated the deer is currently at the taxidermist and plans on having him at the 2009 Classic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goose3803</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jealousy is hard to stop. It is sad.
</div></div>

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nothing personal againts lungbuster but I would rather not even see these post. Nothing here to support it as 100% fact. If it is not true many will walk away from this post continueing the talk. Sweet buck for sure and I for one hope it is ligit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigTypical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is not the story that I heard today. A buddy of mine spoke with "Woody" today and he stated that he has heard all kinds of rumors surrounding his deer and it's harvest. He stated the deer is currently at the taxidermist and plans on having him at the 2009 Classic. </div></div>

All the ground I hunt is within shooting distance from where the deer was killed I have spoke with the landowner and know that he ran the guy off 2 times in the same day that he shot the deer. He claims the he had permission for a 15 acre chunk that was full of feeders and mineral blocks anyway. I dont want to get in the middle I just want to say why shoot a deer of that caliber ilegally? It will get investigated and you will get caught.

Has anyone LATELY heard anything on this? I don't know the person OR any of the facts NOR do I want to fan any rumor flames BUT wondering if anyone has any factual updates???

I ask because I heard two different situations on what is going on here. I really am more curious than anything.

I will admit- a giant like this is amazing to me and probably most of you. I commend anyone that shoots a buck like this legally, I hope that's the case BUT obviously a lot of contraversy.

I talked with a friend Sunday that has a farm about two miles from where the deer was killed. He said the DNR looked into it, but at this time they have not taken the deer. He said the DNR looked for a gut pile but the deer was removed before being gutted, so the DNR was not able to get a dna sample from the pile to match with the deer. It seemed some of the pictures I seen of the deer at the Casey's looked like the deer had not been gutted, but I could be wrong. My buddy said they spent most of the evening showing the deer off at Casey's and Jeb's Smokehouse.

I do believe its zeb's smokehouse, a great place to take deer meat. Haven't heard of anything recently, word has quieted down I guess.

After seeing this deer at the Classic, I thought I would pull this old string up to read the original posters explanation of how the hunter was able to display his deer at the Classic? Seems like a little follow up is in order or maybe an apology?

Top Bottom