Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Whitetail Outfitter

Anthony Cupps

I am looking to go on a guided hunt in Iowa. (I am from Memphis, TN) I would first off like to know when the best time to hunt with either a bow or muzzleloader is.....and second, does anyone have any suggestions of some good places to book a hunt? Thank ya'll so much for your input.

Cuppsy25,
As you probably already know the wait for a tag will be 2 to 3 years for the draw. I would suggest the dates anywhere around Oct 27 to Nov 17th. Good movement on those dates.

Are you sold on a guided hunt or does a do it yourself hunt not your cup of tea? There is some great public land in this state if you are willing to put down some boot leather. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I am looking more for a guided hunt because I will not have the time to scout and put up stands...I am thinking more along the lines of a muzzleloader hunt too...Is the later the better or do I need to just come in bow season? I have been told that if I hunt with a muzzleloader/shotgun, I need to come the very last couple of days during the season. How hard will it be for me and three other people to draw a tag for a muzzleloader hunt?

I don't know about drawing for a muzz tag, but early muzz is good (Oct 11-19). I perfer late muzz (Dec 22-Jan10), not many people in the timber then, but bucks are a little harder to come by. I would not recomend shotgun seasons (even though I shotgun), read some of the other post on here and you'll find out why. But make sure you pack your long johns. you will need them.

Early muzz is a resident only season i think....

late muzz would be a ton of fun tho!!

No early seasn ML for non residents I believe. Applying as a group for any of the gun seasons could reduce the time you would have to wait to draw. So I'm told anyway..........

I just checked that, (as much as I hate doing this) you are right Thomas, it is res. only.
1361.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Musky Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you are right Thomas</div></div>

nutkick.gif

yes
yes
yes
yes

I watched Mike Hanback's Iowa shotgun hunt where he went to Iowa Trophy Whitetail Outfitters.

I have no financial ties, I'm not really endorsing them and I am just throwing this out for informational purposes.

I'm guessing hunting with a GOOD outfitter might be a way to avoid conflicts with the orange army during shotgun season. Also, they might be able to answer questions on drawing tags (it'$ in their be$t intere$t to know $uch thing$).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched Mike Hanback's Iowa shotgun hunt where he went to Iowa Trophy Whitetail Outfitters.

I have no financial ties, I'm not really endorsing them and I am just throwing this out for informational purposes.

I'm guessing hunting with a GOOD outfitter might be a way to avoid conflicts with the orange army during shotgun season. Also, they might be able to answer questions on drawing tags (it'$ in their be$t intere$t to know $uch thing$). </div></div>

What about JNRBRNC Outfitters ?
Heard he runs a pretty good show down there. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: risto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What about JNRBRNC Outfitters ?
Heard he runs a pretty good show down there. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Bronc runs a pretty low budget operation but the trophy fees will kill ya!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Get your bill yet Muddy? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I thought you were going to pass on the bill beings you cut my bow bucks cape too short for the full sneak? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I'll let you know when it arrives, the check will be in the mail next day. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought you were going to pass on the bill beings you cut my bow bucks cape too short for the full sneak? </div></div>

Doh! Guess we are even.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll let you know when it arrives, the check will be in the mail next day. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Don't hold your breath JNRBRNC.

With Muddy changing as many diapers and cleaning up as much baby puke as we all keep hearing he will forget. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I got to thinking I saved him $400 in taxidermy bills whacking that cape too short for a mount. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

He could have still used it sweeping HARD left. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He could have still used it sweeping HARD left. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I don't think there is a "My buddy cut this one side WAY short" form by Joe Meder.

Stuffy and I got something worked out though, it'll work, but it'll be CLOSE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I don't think there is a "My buddy cut this one side WAY short" form by Joe Meder.</div></div>

Ahha! A market niche not beig fulfilled! Business op, DOR! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stuffy and I got something worked out though, it'll work, but it'll be CLOSE! </div></div>

A good taxidermist can make anything work. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Tell him to use a doe form and he should have plenty of room to stretch. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

How hard will it be for me, my dad, my brother, and my brother-in-law to all draw tags the first year for a late season muzzleloader hunt? Has anyone heard of Thunder Ridge Outfitters? That is the place that I am looking really hard at.

Top Bottom