Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

It's too hot.

Bow season is only 10 days or so away here in Oklahoma and I'm still using the swimming pool! Temps are in the mid 90's with heat indexes in the 105 range. We've put alot of work into our plots this year but if it doesn't cool off alot by opening morning I'm sitting on the couch in the air conditioning and watching the Hawks play. I'd wear a loin cloth but the skeeters would eat me alive. Hot anywhere else?

Northern Illinois here and it is going to be 90 degrees today. I'm hoping mother nature is getting all of this warmth out of the way before October 1. Nothing is worse than a sweaty walk into the stand only to continue to sweat the whole time on the stand. Keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!! Good Luck!

Forecast is calling for 88F today here in eastern Iowa. The only up side is that it is drying the crops down. Should acclerate an already early harvest.

WOW!!! You guys will laugh at this.. It was 30 degrees here when I woke up, calling for a daytime high of around 50. Most of the deciduous trees are already bare. It feels like hunting season here not waterskiing weather.
grin.gif

88 in eastern Iowa today, but not suppose to break 80 after that for at least 10 days, we are looking at low 70s friday and on into next week, with low temps in the upper 40's. Now we just need a frost or two.

[ QUOTE ]
It's only noon and its already 93 here in SE Kansas.
bouncefire.gif
I'm ready for some frosty mornings!

[/ QUOTE ]

You may just have to settle for some FROSTIES for now!
beerchug.gif

Canada sounds nice... veeery nice. I've heard the remnants of Rita are supposed to head this way and cool things off in a few days.

We had a record high temperature in Lincoln, Nebraska, yesterday: 102! A little too warm to be butchering deer, so I'm waiting for some cooler weather before taking the bow out to hunt.

Northern Illinois here and if the weather man is right, we are looking at lows in the 30's midweek with daytime highs in the sixties. Looking a lot more promising than last week at this time!

30 sounds good to me. Yesterday it was only 60 in Central Nebraska. But Saturday it was close to 95. Its kind of strange one morning your waking up and putting a sleevless (sp) shirt on and the next morning you putting on a Sweet shirt. But im ready now. BRING ON THE SNOW

Squeaky wheel gets the grease ,its looking better its supposed to be in the 50s in the mornings this week, better than 80s.

Had to revive this post. I was supposed to be hunting this afternoon but it was 87 frickin degrees.I'm sweating just typing. Should I bring my leafy green cammo up there in a couple weeks or have you guys had a freeze yet? Whats the extended forcast Hot, cold?

Top Bottom