Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lack of Motivation

Adventure

Bow season opens tomorrow at the crack of dawn and to say the least I am finding it very hard to focus on anything other than climbing up in that tree tomorrow morning. Good thing my boss is out of the office today because I am going to struggle to get much accomplished today (as you can tell my me writing this post).

What is everyone doing to pass the day with out going crazy?

I still get excited, like I did when I was 14 :)

I'm going to take off early, go home and tinker with my gear, drink a few rum & diets, and shoot my bow. Damn I love this time of year! Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

I going to go shoot my bow make sure every thing is a go. I actually going to sit on a stand this afternoon and see if I see anything. It's right by house and I don't hunt there much.

arrow flinger

I'm excited but not for the wind prediction. NE moving to E as the day progresses, what a pile of suck.

I'm going to take off early, go home and tinker with my gear, drink a few rum & diets, and shoot my bow.

Now THAT sounds like a perfect way to spend the late afternoon :way:

Except I'll probably substitute BV for the rum, shoot my bow BEFORE the first one, and then tinker with gear :D

NWBuck

Leaving at lunch and heading to the range for some video shooting. Cant really decide which stand I wanna hunt so Im gonna slip in and grab a camera around 9 tonight after I know they have left for the fields. If I see what I want thats where I'm going. If not I'm heading to a big groups of oaks that sits between the fileds and the bedding area. Hoping they swing thru for a little snack on there way to bed. I cant freaking wait. Bring on the AM.

Gonna head out for a bit and shoot about 30 arrows during my lunch break just to make sure I'm good to go. What time is everyone planning to be perched in their stands? I plan to be sitting no later than 6.

I'm excited but not for the wind prediction. NE moving to E as the day progresses, what a pile of suck.

Pile-o-perfection for my evening sit, plans...absolutely perfect wind for the stand I wanted to hunt the most. It will allow me to get into hitlister #1's wheel house...if he's still there or not, or comes out before dark, is all up in the air.

This may sound nuts, but I'm not going to bowhunt until the end of October. In most all of the years I go out, I get out there hard and furious and after several weeks am worn down. This year, I'm going to start with early muzzy, then get the bow out and hit it hard. All my bucks have been taken starting the last week of October. Thats not a suggestion for others, just what my plan is this year. Yes, I'm pumped to get out, but am going to "Pace" things this season.

what a pile of suck.

But, thats your style, yes?

I'm having a hard time sitting still, my stomach is all tied in knots knowing its finally here. Like Scott said, I love the fact that I still get this way EVERY year.... The silly thing is, I'm not even hunting this weekend! :D

Love it!

cybball said:
This may sound nuts, but I'm not going to bowhunt until the end of October. In most all of the years I go out, I get out there hard and furious and after several weeks am worn down. This year, I'm going to start with early muzzy, then get the bow out and hit it hard. All my bucks have been taken starting the last week of October. Thats not a suggestion for others, just what my plan is this year. Yes, I'm pumped to get out, but am going to "Pace" things this season.

That would drive me insane! More power to ya!

arrow flinger

This my first year bowhunting. Been preparing and getting ready all year. Came down with the flu last night. Not off to a great start...

luckily I dont work Fridays, but I have been loading gear, and getting ready to head to the hunting area...if my buddy would have had the day off we would have hung a few stands quick, and then had a few beers...winds in our area are showing SSE and S winds all weekend...which suck!

Last Bass fishing tournament of the year tomorrow at 12-Mile then my nephews b-day party in the afternoon, so tomorrow is shot for me. I may get out fo the last 3 hours of the day on Sunday. I think I'll use my time wisely tonight and go get my hunting license and bow tag..

My first year too, need to get things figured out with the bow, and all my equipment before I even think about getting out there. Good luck to everyone, and be safe fellas.

Top Bottom