Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Linesman rope

Adventure

After putting off my safety for way too long, this year I invested in a safety harness (I went with the new Spider Harness) and I can not believe how much I love it.

Last weekend I had to swap out a stand that was squeaking ridiculously. After strapping on my harness and linesman belt I can not imagine hanging a stand without one. There is just something to be said about being able to hang a stand using two hands and not feeling like a monkey holding on with one arm and a leg.

I'm sure I am way behind everyone else on this but if you are not using a harness and linesman rope, I strongly recommend it. How can you pass up on both the safety it offers as well as how much easier it makes the whole stand hanging process.

For those of you counting down the days till you can get in your next weekend hunt (just like me) good luck and stay safe.

Good reminder! Glad to read about another hunter moving to a more safety conscious approach.

I don't even like to think about some of the Spiderman type things I once did back in the day. A lineman's belt is a major plus in safety, I have been using mine for the past 5 or 6 years and should have been before that too.

Mine is a TreeHopper and I like it a lot. I think they either, or used to be, a sponsor on this site too.

I have been using one for the past 8 to 10 years and honestly can't imagine how I used to get along with out one, or kept from breaking my neck

I agree that the linesman belt is great but it doesn't work that great on my vest. I have a HSS and the little loops you attach to are just like a strap. When you are up in the tree it is tough to get it hooked up or take off. I wish they would of built in little hooks that do not move on the vest so you could easily latch onto it. I am thinking I might take a carabiner and attach it to my vest to make it work a little easier.

If you are hanging stands without a linemens belt you are doing it the hard way. Not to mention the unsafe way.

Mobile Cooter

Top Bottom