Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Looking for some help

OK we've all heard about the "Oct Lull" That 2-3 week period in mid Oct, when the big guys just disappear.
I am curious to see or hear about trail camera pictures of mature deer in the time frame of roughly Oct 10 through Oct 25.
Anyone have a day light pictures.. I don't.

I never really notice a "decrease" in pictures through out the season, but I rarely get daylight buck pics from Oct 10 - Oct 25. However, I do continue to get older buck pics through the lull. Regardless of the "lull" the bucks still exist and they still gotta eat.

A couple of things,, Day light would be shooting light.. And yes they still have to eat, but they don't have to do it during hunting hours. If they are coming to food plots etc during shooting light,, someone should have some pictures. If not, forced movement may be the only way to get to them.

I agree that it's not the best time to be out but nothing is in stone. My boy killed a net b/c on October 17 this year and we seen three other mature bucks the same night chasing. No forced movement. That turned out to be our best night all season even without his buck.

9927-cuddeback09_147.jpg

Last edited:
These are obvisously on the same day. 4 bucks in 2 hours on the 16th. Nothing huge, but this is the best I have

Here ya go Ken, this is from the 12th of Oct. over a plot. Make sure and watch it all the way through. :way:

Ken, there is a old mineral lick there. I had about 25 different bucks utilizing that lick all early fall. some in the 150-160's. I bought the land 3 years ago and i guess they had it there while they hunted. It is just a huge hole in the ground right now

Top Bottom