Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lost the honey hole.

Found out tonight my favorite spot in the world to hunt and watch deer has a house going up on it. The only chance I have is to hope the new owners don't like to hunt but like hunters. My experience in this area (Hwy 141 in the Loess hills) is I won't have much of a chance. Good news is I have other places but this is by FAR my favorite. I'm done whining.
mad.gif

Are you in Owasso now or do you live up here. I am from Tahlequah but live in Iowa now. Good to see some okies on the site.

Man, I feel your pain! Out this way, Farms I have hunted on for years are becoming housing developments faster than I can stomach.

I actually have changed my route to work as it almost kills me to see what has happened to some of the best habitat in the entire county become a cul de sac for a bunch of tree huggers who look at me as a killer. Hell, they took more life by destroying that woodlot than I EVER could by hunting!!

End of my rant now as well....Hope your situation works out somehow for the best.

>>--Ron--<>

I found out a week before bow season this year, I too am possibly losing my honey hole after this season. The owner is leasing it to a different farmer, that is intending on dozing all 350 acres of river bottom. Sucks as I have killed two 130 plus deer out of this stand, but I am currently looking for different places. Keep your chin up, sometimes the grass MAY be greener on the other side. Dont know until you try it.

Pat

Huntnfish , I live here in Owasso. I lived in Iowa 20 plus years and about the same here.I always go up to Iowa every year to hunt whether its deer,turkey,or pheasants. Got a great place to hunt here between Cleveland and Mannford.I'll be making the annual pilgrimage next week.

Okla Hawkeye,
Go ahead and keep 'whining' because some things are worth 'whining' about like loosing a hot spot like that. I feel your pain. Hope the owners aren't bunny huggers
grin.gif

okla hawkeye,
Sorry to hear about your loss... Hopefully you can find a new honey hole... seems everything happens for a reason. Should be heading up here about the right time. Good Luck!
waytogo.gif

Feel ya!!
Went out to my number 1 MN spot sunday night. the same stand where i took the buck in my avatar last year. Only to find that someone had placed a big white permanent stand with a white bucket on top of it 10 feet below my stand. I think that is a little over the line. But all good things must come to an end i guess. Already have my eyes on a gross booner in a differnt location, so i tried my best not to get ballistic. What a Jacka22!

I've got a couple other nice places to hunt and hopefully I'll get to post a couple pictures later. I'll be at my brothers place in Neb for a buck and then on a doe hunt in Iowa.(Yes nonresidents do hunt does) I'll post pics if I get lucky. I'm ready to go . Bad news is still 1 more week of work.

I also lost my best hunting ground this year and finding something over in Little Egypt will be a struggle with all of the houses that are going up in that area. So I know exactly what you feel like and I am still looking for something private that doesn't have somebody allready hunting it.

Top Bottom