Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews or hoyt

SouthernIowa

PMA Member
i have a mathews drenalin and i love it. But i was looking to ugrate next year. I was looking at the new mathews reezen and liked it, but i also came acroos the new hoyt alphamax. Its super light and looks sweet. I just dont know if i can go from my mathews to a hoyt lol. Anyone shot either one, i would like to hear your comments.

I have shot the Reezen and the Alphamax and personally i would go with neither go with a Bowtech Admiral, its quiet fast and smooth what else could u ask for? the other 2 bows may do one or two of these but neither really display what bowtech is accomplishing. I just bought my wife a DXT and its cute and lite and all that but thats about it.....

I shoot a DXT. I have shot the Reezen and the Alphamax.

I have been shooting Mathews for a few years (different models). I didnt like the alphamax. It was dry other than the rest. It had some hand shock. The Reezen was smooth all the way around.
Hoyt was definatly lighter.

Have shot the AM but not the Reezen. Bet you can guess what I think you should go with. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif lol. Seriously though, shoot them all and then decide what feels the best. That's the only way to really decide. Thought I might like the AM, then I shot the Katera and it was love at first shot. Got a really good deal on my Katera as well. With todays bows as technically advanced as they are it's a lot harder to choose a brand that's no.1 (Hoyt Rules! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif )

I have shot the new AM and thought it was a great shooting bow. Good speed, no hand shock, and lite. I havent had the chance to shoot the Reezen but I havent heard very many good things about them. In the end its up to you and shoot each one to see what feels the best to you.

Go with the Alphamax. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I have shot neither, BUT have picked up the alphamax and loved the feel and balance to the bow - would seriously consider making it my next bow...there is a lot to be said about the feel in your hand.

I guess all the years of playing baseball has taught me never to underestimate that feel in your hands when you're up to bat OR drawing on a monster.

Probably doesn't help, but that's my $0.02.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gladiator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have shot neither, BUT have picked up the alphamax and loved the feel and balance to the bow - would seriously consider making it my next bow...there is a lot to be said about the feel in your hand. </div></div>

Hey, maybe if we get together again soon I'll let you shoot mine. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom