Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Max Rack Mineral

Seth

I have had quite the hiatus on good ol' Iowa Whitetail. The new site format a while back threw me for a loop and I never really recovered. However I am back to do a shameless plug for a friend. Recently the wife and myself have teamed up with Outreach Outdoors and met some really great people, alot of which post regularly on this site. Ryan Mausser however, does not. But he is developing a great new mineral called Max Rack.

I believe he is working with a biologist from ISU on the formula... I know, I know, what do those ISU Cy-clowns know anyways right? Just kidding :) He is also working with his father in law and brother in law Frank and Greg Kuennen of the Solon Feed Mill to distribute the product.

I have tested a bag of this stuff and the deer are HAMMERING it. I got it out early, putting it down around the end of March and the results were immediate. The deer were returning in droves, day and night to get a taste of the Max Rack.

mineralspot002.jpg

mineralspot003.jpg

mineralspot021.jpg

mineralspot022.jpg

mineralspot023.jpg

Apparently it's so tastey the deer have begun fighting over mineral site rights.

mineralspot018.jpg

mineralspot026.jpg

The recently shed bucks found the mineral early and have made regular appearances. In just over a month's time they are already starting to put on the inches of antler.

mineralspot009.jpg

mineralspot032.jpg

After two months I had about 1,000 pictures to sift thru and there are dozens more that I just don't have time or room to post. The deer were literally hitting this stuff every day. I've never had a mineral perform like Max Rack. I fully endorse this product with whatever deer hunting credibility I may have to my name.

I'm picking up another bag this week and will re-hang the camera for another two months so you will have to wait to see the results but they should be no different than the first go-round.

The formula I tested has since been altered. Ryan tells me the new stuff is even better. The new stuff has a strong apple aroma and the molasses has been eliminated (it breaks down and essentially goes rotten over time).

Max Rack also has less salt than other minerals. Salt is price wise the cheapest ingrediant in a mineral mixture and antler growth/ health-wise isn't as important as some of the other ingrediants.

Since Max Rack is in it's infancy commercially, it is priced very reasonably. I'm not for sure on the exact cost so I'm not gonna throw any figures out there but you can contact Frank or Greg at the Solon Feed Mill with the info below.

Solon Feed Mill Inc.
310 South Dubuque St.
P.O. Box 146
Solon, IA 52333

Phone: (319) 624-2422
Toll Free: (800) 747-2682
Fax: (319) 624-2436

Last edited:
Seth is right on the money here fellas. Ryan has a top of line product in its early stages. You will not be disappointed with the results that Max Rack produces. We have had great success thus far with everyone we have talked to, the Deer are all over this. Manage and attract the deer on your land while getting optimal rack growth. I guarantee once you use Max Rack, you will not go back to anything you have used previously.

I will be distributing Max Rack out of the Quad City Area for Ryan. Email me at matthew.mausser@yahoo.com and we will get you taken care of. I have bags available now.

Even better than "The Best F'n Mineral Lickin' Sh@$ There Is" ??? haha .. Looks like it's workin well! May have to get me some of that.

Didn't they make it illegal to use mineral blocks and such in Iowa??

It is illegal to HUNT over a mineral lick. However if you keep it far enough away (I think 200 yards is the rule) from your stand/ blind locations a mineral lick can be a great source of nutrition for your deer herd and a good tool for scouting deer in the off season.

It is illegal to HUNT over a mineral lick. However if you keep it far enough away (I think 200 yards is the rule) from your stand/ blind locations a mineral lick can be a great source of nutrition for your deer herd and a good tool for scouting deer in the off season.

I don't think that there is any set distance in regards to hunting in the area of a mineral lick. From what I understand, it is up to the discretion of the CO as to whether you are gaining an advantage by placing your stand where you did in proximity to a mineral lick. Pretty vague and it leaves it open to a very loose interpretation if you ask me.

First, thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, and to all of the new
customers for giving Max Rack a try! I can't wait to see the great pics!
Mineral sites are legal in Iowa, and in my opinion, are the fastest and
most cost effective way to take an accurate inventory while providing
beneficial vitamins and minerals for your deer herd. Not to mention,
giving you great photo opportunities and helping you decide which bucks
will be on your "Hit List."

Second, I'd like to tell you about the ingredients that make Max Rack so
unique. Salt is necessary, providing an effective limiter, but too much
just cheapens the product, and that's why you get more bang for your buck with Max Rack.
The product also contains vitamins, minerals, trace
minerals, a great apple flavor and Albion Chelated Minerals which is a
patented process that helps minerals absorb easier, providing the optimum
benefit to the animal.

To learn more, visit:

www.albionminerals.com/home/vitamins-minerals-chelates.

We are currently running a special on 50lb. bags through the end of June... just $30 plus tax, shipping not included.

50lb Bags are available to be picked up in 3 locations:

1. Solon Feed Mill Inc.
310 South Dubuque St.
P.O. Box 146
Solon, IA 52333

Phone: (319) 624-2422
Toll Free: (800) 747-2682

2. Middle Amana, IA - contact me at ryan.mausser@outreachoutdoors.com

3. Quad Cities - Contact Matthew Mausser at matthew.mausser@yahoo.com

For more information, feel free to contact me at
ryan.mausser@outreachoutdoors.com

Last edited: