Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Meet my "soon to be" new best friend

tlambert

PMA Member
I've been keeping an eye out lately for a dog that catches my interest. I grew up with a smaller terrier and really like that size of dog, especially for in the house. Well, this week I found one online at a local animal shelter and I went and visited him today. His name is Spot(don't know about that) and he's a 7 or 8 month old beagle/jack russell mix. He's already housebroken, which is a huge plus for me, and he seems pretty squirrely. I'm going to be picking him up monday morning! I'm really curious to see if he'll pick up on rabbit hunting with that beagle blood in him. Might have to let him run with my uncle's beagles next weekend.
This will be my first dog since I've moved out on my own 10yrs ago, maybe he'll keep me in line a bit /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Here he his...

Spot1.jpg

Spot2.jpg

Beagles and Jack Russels are both excellent hunters! You will have yourself a rabbit running, squirrel treeing, hole digging little hunting buddy for sure! He is a cute one! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

You have the hole digging part right.My daughters have a Jack Russel that is a mole killing machine.She just needs to learn to fill in the holes when she is done.A neighbor boy of mine had a litter of pups about a year ago that are half Jack and half beagle.They are already some rabbit chasers.I bet yours will be to.

AWESOME! Great for getting a wonderful dog from the shelter that needs a home- they have AWESOME dogs!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skully</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Beagles and Jack Russels are both excellent hunters! You will have yourself a rabbit running, squirrel treeing, hole digging little hunting buddy for sure! He is a cute one! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Hang on...looks like you got yourself a real livewire right there! Ought to be fun! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

He sure is a cute little fella. I've had terriers my whole life, they are a ton of fun and great hunters.

This is our present dog. Her name is KC and she is only 4 months old.

KC001.jpg

KC008.jpg

KC007.jpg

I have the same breed of dog i named him quiver and he is a rabbit chasing fool..I have too keep him tied up in the spring or he brings back nests of bunnys..fun dogs good luck with spot.

That name certainly fits! And 20 to 1 says that pup's a future rabbit hunter. Good looking dog and cool move with the ARL route. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Well, got Spot home yesterday and he's an energetic little bugger! Think I'm gonna keep the name, don't want him to have to go through a name change along with a home change. He's behaving pretty well. He's not a big fan of being in the kennel but I'm not gonna trust him in the house by himself just yet.
I'll try and get some more pics up of him this week.

Top Bottom