Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

minn. bear hunting

phunts

Minnisota bear hunts. Does anyone know of any good outfitters or someone that baits for a fee.Me and a couple buddies where thinking about going there and giving it a try. Any info would be appreciated already have every thing from the state.

I shot a 300 # plus one year with Billy Bear Guide service out of Cook,MN
(218)666-2805 Summer #
(239) 389-4711 Winter#

I am planning on hunting bear there this fall with with a friend. The area he is in is almost 100% draw. He shot a chocolate last year. Choc's are pretty rare in the upper midwest.

We have never used an outfitter, but I would ask what they will be baiting with. I think the bait IS the difference. The last 2 times we have hunted OUR bait was pulling bears away from outfitters and were totally pissed at our freind and requested he either sell them the same bait or stop baiting around them. Well he has done neither and the hunting is SMOKIN. If a man has the PATIENCE, he can shoot a big bear. I PASSED on a bear OVER 300lbs. last year to stick one that FIELD DRESSED 535 lbs. Unfortunatly I didn't recover it and someone else shot it with a highpower 1/4 mile from we lost the blood.
doah.gif
My choice to use a bow or it would have been a done deal with a gun. I did at least catch it all on my video camera, still makes me sick each time I replay the video.
So, there are big bear in Minn na so da, your outfitter should be able to tell you what is hitting your bait from the footprints if and any mud is around the bait site.
Have fun! If you get a good outfitter you will have one of the best hunts of your life. It's not hard to get hooked!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom