Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Minnesota wolf season

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
It looks like Minnesota will have a wolf season next year! Proposed tags around 300... Price $35 for resident and $195 for nonresident.

Glad to see it...anyone interested?

Nothing official has been set

Any proof of the tags around 300 for $35? I have heard the same thing from rumblings on Archery Talk, I read the purposed bill language but it doesnt say anything about # of tags or cost. I'd just like to know where the numbers were coming from.

The same source on AT said the federal trappers were talking 200-250 wolves a year the way it was... Another 50 wolves not going to put a dent in anything, probably drop the harvest, if they allow 300 tags then I bet they maybe get 50% success, probably be worse off in 3 years on wolf numbers than now. Just a thought

Any proof of the tags around 300 for $35? I have heard the same thing from rumblings on Archery Talk, I read the purposed bill language but it doesnt say anything about # of tags or cost. I'd just like to know where the numbers were coming from.

The same source on AT said the federal trappers were talking 200-250 wolves a year the way it was... Another 50 wolves not going to put a dent in anything, probably drop the harvest, if they allow 300 tags then I bet they maybe get 50% success, probably be worse off in 3 years on wolf numbers than now. Just a thought

Just a proposal, but needs DNR approval...it was in Star Tribune today.

Bet is difficult to shoot a wolf. Bet the residents will be all over them. I know in the UP of Mi, was open season,,even without a season!

There is a lot of SSS going on here already. They are hard to manage with a hunting season but trapping them will work.

I lived in Ely for 7 years the hunt is badly needed there deer herd needs a break. If the season is open to nonresident i will apply for sure. First year success will be very good they are brave up there . Have shot a few in Alaska smart there for sure.

Top Bottom