Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

more info I found out about my 17 pointer

JLC

2 years ago I took some pictures of a nontyp I called "14 point" in the field I hunt.

081506016.jpg

081506018-1.jpg

he came up by the blind twice. the first time I spooked him because I hit the camera strap on the camera case when he was 15 yds from the blind. Yea, I know, I should of had the bow in my hand instead.

2nd time a week later I was in full draw and he had to take a few more steps when a branch fell on the ramp to the blind. he ran off to about 50 yds, so I picked up the camera.

1104068800049.jpg

1104068800051.jpg

I didn't think he was "14 point" until Rick brought the rack back from the taxidermist. he also had the right side shed from him from 2 years ago.

compairing them convinced me that this was 14 point.

10-16-08_4588.jpg

10-16-08_4587.jpg

the next summer (07) I got pictures of him twice in velvet. that was the last time I saw him till this season.

070807_1626.jpg

070807_1617_filtered.jpg

070807_1624_filtered.jpg

the last pictures of "14 point" till this season

071507_2133edit.jpg

071507_2143.jpg

The neighbor to the field has a shed from him last year so I need to get over there to get a picture.

taken 10-8-08 . he came up by the blind and I passed on him. after all the harassment from my friends (peer pressure)
I shot him the following Friday (in the antlers) and Saturday (throught the heart).

10-08-08_3362.jpg

Nice Jack. Its always fun when you can have some history brought to you with a buck. Adds to the story line. Congrats again on a beautiful animal!

hoofline.gif

You have a bunch of great photos and history with that buck Jack. Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>>Details Here!<<<<< Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

Awesome, awesome story behind this deer. Keep digging, you may come up with some more stuff on this deer /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Again, congrats on a great buck, and the history with him is unbelievable.

That is really cool because I remember you posting those two pictures about two years ago. You are a great photographer. Congrats.

Now that's history! You should be able to have a whole wall in the house devoted to this buck....Congrats again!

Such an awesome story, I'm glad for you. It must be fun putting all the pieces of the story together.

I'd kill to be able to have that much history with a particular...let alone one of that caliber.

Congrats again.

Love your Pictures! What a great way to document a awesome trophy! congrats again! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom