Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

More M80 troubles.....

I have two of the D55IR's and 2 M80's. When I bought the two D55's, right out of the packaging, one of them needed a software update and the other didn't. I knew this because one had the pic delay options that the other did not have. As for battery life, I'm finding both the D55 and M80 are pretty close to the same.

As for Pic quality, I do appreciate a good clean clear picture, but the overall goal of having a camera is to identify shooter bucks and determine deer movement (when and where). I too get blurry pictures and have cussed when I finally get that huge buck in range and the pic is blurry, but at least I know when he was in the area.. And even a blurry picture you can get an idea if he's a shooter or not..

I think the lowest you can go is 15sec mine are set at 30 but all night are 15.

Just check one it said 4292 for a 4G card. But then I changed the video length and it still said 4292, changed it to pic mode and it still said 4292. So that can't be right :(

Sent from Cooter's iPad using IW

I too get blurry pictures and have cussed when I finally get that huge buck in range and the pic is blurry, but at least I know when he was in the area.. And even a blurry picture you can get an idea if he's a shooter or not..

Ok, than how big is the deer in the first pic? (and no it's not the same as the 2nd pic) :D

My point is... I want to know exactly what a buck looks like and have a very good idea of age, and with some of these M80 pics a guy would have no idea. I know my deer pretty well and I am only looking for 2-3 deer this season, and I'm afraid with pics that are as blurry as the 1st one I posted I would have no idea if it was one of those deer or not. If you can't tell exactly which deer is which or how big a deer is, than what is the point of owning that camera? If it wasn't for the video option, I would have got rid of the M80 a long time ago.

IR can always have the chance to be blurry. I have a $500 IR camera and it gets some blurry pics too. just a down fall of IR cams

I too like the video mode for more clarity, but if you have your camera in a high traffic area you are going to need a personal assistant to check all of the videos. I tried that this fall and found myself up way past my bedtime trying to wade through 400 videos that I had gotten in 1 week. And, it is even worse if you have it over mineral. Nothing like having 20 straight 10 second vids of the same doe chewing the same mud. I just know that if I do not get a deer to stand almost perfectly still, I am going to have blurry pics.

Bought 10 new M-80's in Sept.........love the day pics but the night pics are 99 % blured on every camera. Haven't tried upgrade, but will look in to it. Very dissapointed.....my flash Cuddy's consistently have (as you might expect) the best night pics.

We have an M80 and do get some blurry night pics but no more than we do with any of our other IR cams. As others have said above, the blurry night pic is the downside to the IR cam. Some will be better than others but they are all going to get some blurry pics.

We may have just been lucky so far but we haven't seen a real issue with blurry pic's so far.

Bought 10 new M-80's in Sept.........love the day pics but the night pics are 99 % blured on every camera. Haven't tried upgrade, but will look in to it. Very dissapointed.....my flash Cuddy's consistently have (as you might expect) the best night pics.

To me comparing a flash picture to IR is like comparing apples to oranges.

I use IR's and will live some blurry pictures because I also have some great IR shots of bucks with no blur. I use my cameras for knowing what is in the area.

It is all personal preference, plus IR is supposed to be getting better with the new generation of cameras.

I have 2 m80 cams and they are a decent cam for the money. I have 16 bushnel tc cams, I feel they are better cam all around except the m80 has a better night time flash.

I like that a cam can be upgraded with firmware updates. I feel that is important when buying. I bought 2 Reconyx from reconyx that needed to be updated when I got them! I felt that was bad!

Top Bottom