Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muck Q

rc10pt

looking at buying a pair of muck boots. What do you guys recommend, the woody elites or the arctic pro's? The temp range doesn't seem to different. I guess i'd want a more all around boot, good for bow and good for late muzzle. Leaning towards the woody elite. If you walk much in them do your feet sweat a lot? Do you freeze on stand in late december? Can i get what i want out of one boot or do I have to get 2 pair (warmer weather and a cold weather)?

Thanks

I got the arctic sports which are one step below the arctic pro's I believe. I used mine shotgun hunting First season when it was in the 50's and didn't have a problem with my feet sweating. Haven't had the chance to bust them out in the real cold yet, but the weekend I harvested my bow buck it was in the low teens and my feet were as warm as could be. Would like to mention that I did quite a bit of walking first shotgun season and they took the beating I dished them. I've been very happy with mine so far. I would lean towards the Arctic Pro's as that will be the next pair I buy.

My brother has a pair of Muck arctic sports that he seems to like. I've borrowed them before and they are by far, the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. Have to be careful with mucks if you are going to walk through thick brush or when you're crossing fences. Pretty easy to tear on sharp objects.

I wear my artic sports all season. I do end up packing in quite a bit of my camo but it beats sweating. I haven't hunted in anything else for probably 7 years because of the comfort. They have holes all over the top and bottom of them but still do not leak when submerged in water. Just thought I'd share my experience with the artic sports.

I have the elites. I actually have 2 pairs, 1 I dedicate for deer hunting only and one that goes everywhere else (waterfowl, turkey, etc.)

Feet flat out down't get cold, December and January hunting has not been a problem on stand. I have to admit this is probably the best piece of hunting gear I own.

As far as the durability issues go, I have had 1 pair for nearly 6 years now, wore them for more than I have ever wore any other boots and in some nasty places and have never had any issues with durability.

You can't go wrong with either choice. If you are buying the elites for the camo then get the artics as the camo will wear off after a couple of years and be brown anyhow.

Kratz

I bought a pair of the Muck Woddy Elite's last year and love them and they keep my feet warm all season. Only question is how to get the neoprene smell out of them? I've washed them in scent free soap, let them sit outside for weeks and put earth scent waferss inside them in a closed tote and they still smell like neoprene. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom