Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My First Bow Bird

sims8ball

I've been trying to get a bird with the bow for about 4 years now with zero luck, never even had one within range. I have worked quite a few birds this year, but nothing has come all the way in. My buddy said I used all my luck on my deer, I was beginning to believe him!

Yesterday morning I went with a buddy and we had a tom come in and beat up his DSD jake but I couldn't get a shot. This morning I went out with my future brother-in-law (I got engaged last night) to a place that hadn't been hunted yet. I was working a bird behind us when he said there's one over there headed our way. He came in on a string right to his Avian jake decoy and started to circle it, when he got to the other side I stuck him. Went 20 yards and tipped over.

23.25 lbs 10 inch beard both spurs were 1 inch=63.25

100_2925.jpg

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Awesome bird. Seems like you see them everywhere, but when you have a bow in hand their nowhere to be seen.

Great job with the bow bird & congrats on the engagement! Hope her daddy has lots of hunting land! :D

Top Bottom