Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My rainy Saturday

Fishbonker

Life Member
Just got worse. The Cubs have officially thrown in the towel for this year and probably the next two. They traded their two best pitchers, Samardzija and Hammel to the A's for......wait for it...... more prospects. Yeah this is a good thing cause starting pitching grows on trees.

I had hopes they'd lose less than 100 games this year, well, those hopes too have been dashed upon the rocks of baseballs penchant for the big trade, needed or not.

Last edited:
When you have a guy with an ERA under 3 and a 2-8 record... you know you have problems. I think the As are serious world series contenders and samardja (or however you spell it) has pitched well. He is a nice addition to their rotation.

Just got worse. The Cubs have officially thrown in the towel for this year and probably the next two. They traded their two best pitchers, Samardzija and Hammel to the A's for......wait for it...... more prospects. Yeah this is a good thing cause starting pitching grows on trees.

I had hopes they'd lose less than 100 games this year, well, those hopes too have been dashed upon the rocks of baseballs penchant for the big trade, needed or not.

It's almost embarrassing to admit we are cubs fans.

Whelp, there's always next year :rolleyes:

Shark was never going to re sign with the Cubs, never. I get the frustration, but with the bats coming up over the next year, the pitching can be more efficiently purchased in the offseason. Lester, Scherzer, Masterson, Shields, and Ervin Santana...pick up one or two of those guys...and you will forget Shark. Besides...he's a domer...

I think I am the only one that loves this trade- Hammel was a flip for prospects pitcher to begin with - keep in mind that is how we landed Arrieta and strop- a couple years ago traded a stud pitcher for a minor league prospect, what was his name...oh that's right, Anthony Rizzo:) Everyone is on the hate wagon but the cubs have a ton of stud prospects now and 3 of them are making their major league debut this month (all pitchers) and IF we are contending next year and for once are actual buyers at the trade deadline- we will have what it takes to be a buyer- stud prospects! I think it was a great trade for both teams and Chicago will see it work sooner rather than later..............

The cubs couldn't win a game the Shark started for them anyways- so despite his great starts and low ERA- Technically this should help not lose 100:)

I was initially upset with the trade too, but when you realize that Samarzidja wasn't even close to signing an extention and wanted more than he has proven he's worth, it was evident he would be gone at some point. So with the prospects we got in return its not all that bad of a deal. The cubs now have 4 of the top 15 prospects in all of baseball. While we may be lacking in solid pitching prospects, with the overload of position player talent coming up if these guys live up to the hype and put together a contending offense, the pitching holes can be filled with quick acquisitions

To Cards fans: you're welcome. After the Cubs beat the Brewers today your team is in sole possession of first place.

Go Brewers!!!!

How about them Brewers! Cubs win 4-2. I am trying to have faith in Epstein after what the Royals have done this year by building their team with young players from their farm system. But it is dissapointing to see us lose good pithching year after year.

I really like the young studs that we have brought up this year like, Baez, Soler, Alcantara, Lake, Coghlan and would have liked to seen Bryant called up, just to see a little playing time.

How about them Brewers! Cubs win 4-2. I am trying to have faith in Epstein after what the Royals have done this year by building their team with young players from their farm system. But it is dissapointing to see us lose good pithching year after year.

I really like the young studs that we have brought up this year like, Baez, Soler, Alcantara, Lake, Coghlan and would have liked to seen Bryant called up, just to see a little playing time.

as much as you want to see Bryant called up- you DO NOT want to see him called up at all this year- because if he is called up before middle of April next year- we lose an entire year of his contract. If we wait and bring him up after middle of April, we get an extra full season before he is a FA- a few months isn't worth losing an entire year-

Top Bottom