Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New DVD - HWP 6!

Just got done watching and I love the way the video was put together much more than being just about the kill.

I had always been aware of Outreach but never had the chance to sit down and watch one of their videos. I had heard many many good things however, the professional hunter of today just doesn't mesh with my taste and passion for the outdoors. After talking with the guys at the booth and seeing the extremely high price of $5.00 I figured what the heck. I'll say this is one of, if not they best video I've ever had the privileged of watching. The message the entire DVD gives out is beyond words and Paul is a man like no other. I'm not one to get choked up very often but after watching his segment it really puts things into perspective and shows us how small deer hunting actually is in the grand scheme of things. Well done guys and thanks for sharing it all with us so willingly.

After meeting and talking with hoythunter at the classic I picked up a copy of the dvd. I purchased it due to the proceeds going to help dbltree and if the dvd was good that would be a bonus. I'd never heard of outreach outdoors and without this site would never have heard of them or Paul Knox but this dvd was very good. The best part was as many others have stated was the interview with Paul at the end. It brought me to tears to see a man who's given so much having to battle this disease. He reminds us all of who we should strive to be and to enjoy every minute in the deer woods that God blesses us with. The segment also shows just how generous and unselfish outdoorsman and women are. We all want to be better hunters but we all can learn how to be a better person from Paul. Great work on the dvd. I would have and should have paid more for the dvd despite paying with student loan money.

My son was home sick today and we sat and watched the video together. The entire video was well done with a great message but Paul's message at the end was amazing. As hard as it was to see a friend who's condition has worsened so very much, I am so glad that my son was able to hear his words. "Not me. Not me." What an amazing example of a man who is living every bit of his life as a Godly example. Even though we were both in tears, we are both blessed to have heard it.

Well done by all involved. Thanks guys!:way:

Just ordered mine as I couldn't make the classic last weekend. Past videos have been very well done and cannot wait to see this one. Thanks for doing what you guys do!

I had always been aware of Outreach but never had the chance to sit down and watch one of their videos. I had heard many many good things however, the professional hunter of today just doesn't mesh with my taste and passion for the outdoors. After talking with the guys at the booth and seeing the extremely high price of $5.00 I figured what the heck. I'll say this is one of, if not they best video I've ever had the privileged of watching. The message the entire DVD gives out is beyond words and Paul is a man like no other. I'm not one to get choked up very often but after watching his segment it really puts things into perspective and shows us how small deer hunting actually is in the grand scheme of things. Well done guys and thanks for sharing it all with us so willingly.

Wow...thanks so much for the great review. Very humbling.

I too just finished the video. I would pay a lot more to purchase another video in the future. Very well put together. Like others have said, its not just about the hunt or 'pimping' products. It's definitely not easy filming hunts. You guys did a great job on the hunts and all the other aspects that are involved including family. It was also a great tribute to Paul and his family at the end.

I watched mine over the weekend... I have to be honest though, I skipped to the end first to hear what Paul had to say... Then watched the hunting.

EXTREMELY well done. I can't believe it only cost 8 bucks. Worth twice that and then some.

-John

I have watched mine 3 times now. You guys are killing some great bucks!!!! Its very informational and i have learned some stuff from it. Thank you. It is exciting and enjoying to watch. Cant wait till the next one comes out. I put (tried) my Iowa whitetail sticker on the other day and sticker won't come off the paper lol the Iowa shape and body of the deer came off but the antlers and half the letters wouldn't come off haha gonna have to wait till next year to get a new one. :) Great show though! Keep it up!!!

I would pay a lot more to purchase another video in the future.

Serious question - we wanted to drop the price to get our DVD's into more peoples' hands.

Did you buy only because it was only $5? Or would you have bought one if it was $10?

Our goal is to never make a killing, but simply to tell great stories so we can do it again next year. Budget is tight this year, so that is something we think about.....do we raise it to $10 in the future?

Thanks for the great feedback!

I think anyone who has seen your videos would pay 10 or 15 bucks easy. Your videos are imo better than many of the big name videos and they charge 20 or 25. I don't have to deal with the constant pimping of products and get to enjoy the stories and the hunts. If you decide to raise the price I, for one, will still be a buyer.

"do we raise it to $10 in the future?"

Yep - I would buy it no doubt. Do you guys keep the mailing address info on website sales?? If so, you may want to think about an off-season mailing to get more specific-widespread feedback.

Serious question - we wanted to drop the price to get our DVD's into more peoples' hands.

Did you buy only because it was only $5? Or would you have bought one if it was $10?

Our goal is to never make a killing, but simply to tell great stories so we can do it again next year. Budget is tight this year, so that is something we think about.....do we raise it to $10 in the future?

Thanks for the great feedback!

I bought it because of the special about Paul at the end. I figured for $5 I had nothing to lose and wanted to hear more from Paul. With that said, the hunts were definitely worth it in itself. I would pay $15 without a thought. I liked the story behind each hunt, a lot more goes into a hunt and that is rarely shown on TV. And the fact that you weren't pimping products. You worked hard to try to give yourself a chance at a deer. It wasn't the latest and greatest product that made the hunt, it was hard work.

Got mine. Watched Paul's segment first, then watched the rest of it. Great job! Plan on watching it again this weekend.

I bought one but have not watched it yet. To be honest the price and especially Paul's segment are what enticed me to buy.

I used to buy hunting videos but these days with all the hunting shows available on TV and great online content like Midwesy Whitetail I just don't see the need to pay money for a DVD normally.

Your content will have to be very good for me to purchase again at even $5 and something special to spend $10-15 on.

One other thing is that it's a crowded market as anybody who goes to the Classic knows. Everybody and their brother is producing a video these days. A lot of competition out there.

Top Bottom