Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New property question

Tomo

Hey All,

I just got permission to hunt the 144 acres pictured below. Any thoughts on stand or blind placement? First pic is a higher overhead view for reference. Second pic is a closeup of the property.

ww1.jpg

ww2.jpg

Are ya mostly bowhunting or gun? What is it planted in this year? The most obvious spot is the pinch point at the se corner, but getting there from the north road looks tough. I like the east fenceline to get to the first small timber and have a good vantage point to sit and fine tune from there. The hardest part is going to be useing the terrain to get far enough south to setup. Any good lowprofile routes you could use? Creeks/ditches.

Just by looking at the ariels, these would be places that I would scout and look at pretty closely to see what kind of movement is around them. They look to be natural funnels, that that will take a little bit of the guess work out for you where the deer will travel once the crop is gone.

Also, where I put the X to the north, looks like you could get into your stand without spooking to many deer, take it they are bedding in the timber.

ww2.jpg

My only additions to Nanny's X's would be at the inside corner on the SW corner of the property. Also, the W-NW end of the W-E timber. There is a lot of timber to the W of this property and I got to believe that bucks will be traveling into and out of this property during the rut checking for does. I would concentrate on trying to figure out entrances and exits spots from the western property into this one.

I'd say nannyslayer and BJohnson got it covered pretty well. I'd start out with the farthest north X and hunt it with a south southeast wind, shouldn't spook to many deer and would could really see where they're moving to and from.

Top Bottom