Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

No shot in most of the shells

turkeyriver

PMA Member
I've never seen so many bad shotgun shells as in the box I shot this morning at doves. If Bonker had reloaded them I could see it, but these were factory fresh!! Damn birds.

I've heard the average number of doves killed per box of shells is 2. If so, my son and I were only slightly better than average over the weekend...we must've gotten shells from the same lot you did :D

NWBuck

I completely quit dove hunting out here years ago for that same reason! I found that I could just throw my shells at the doves and have the same results as shooting at them and, at the end of the day, I hadn't wasted money on shells. I also discovered that emptying your shotgun, holding it by the barrel, and swinging it like a baseball bat at the doves had the same results as actually shooting at them. Again, at the end of the day, I had all my shells and no money wasted! :way:

I heard once that Federal makes enough money on Sept. 1 to meet the years expenses and the rest of the shells/cartridges they sell are the profit for the year. You gotta love pulling the trigger to hunt dove. They WILL humble almost everyone. Waited over 50 years to legally shoot (at) dove in Iowa and I love every shot!!!

As I explained carefully to my son over the weekend...we weren't out there dove hunting. We were sharpening the eye for pheasant season :way:

NWBuck

I went 0-9 on Monday here in Indiana. My first time actually trying to shoot them and it is pretty darn difficult. I told my buddy I was checked by the C.O. while out there, and he replied with, did he check your barrel for straightness?

Top Bottom