Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Non Resident Application is out

tped

PMA Member
I saw that they have the non resident deer app out online. I thought someone else may have posted on this but I could not locate it. One thing that jumped out at me is that the app period ends on June 6th but they are saying results will not be posted until July 18th. They used to have the results out within a couple weeks and usually no later than the 20th of June so I am wondering if this is a misprint and if not why the extreme delay and why now it will take an additional month to sort it out.

I am guessing its just another month of interest they can draw on everyones money. I am suprised they dont release the results later then they do.

That was one nice thing about Iowa.

They drew pretty fast for us non-res hunters in the past.

I was always appreciative of this.

Assuming its not a typo; it looks like they found out what every other state does and are doing the same now.

Could be worse many western states hold on to your license dollars for 3-4 months before drawing.
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Here is the link:
http://www.iowadnr.com/wildlife/files/deerappl.html

I really never could figure out why they even wait until May to apply and then drawing now in July is too late. I know other states are the same way - as most of you know who play the lottery games - these late draws just totally screw up any chance of hunting elsewhere if you don't draw.

Top Bottom