Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Not happy!

JNRBRONC

I wasn't too happy to find this on the card this past weekend.......

IM000057-1.jpg

Do you know who's he is?.. looks like he has a collar.. my neighbors dog keeps running around my place and barking and chasing everything. we've told them before to keep them out of there.. twice it has woke me up while barking and chasing game in our woodlot around 1 a.m. .. i'm thinking it's about time it catches a bullet

Do you know who's he is?..

Nope, I don't know who's dog he is. I blame the owner, not the dog. Though I'm not happy about the situation, the dog will get a pass if he comes under my stand. We just buried our German Shepard on Oct 11 and I don't want anyone to feel the way I did that day. If I do find the owner, I will ask them to keep it home or I'll contact the sheriff.

randy is this picture from over by my neck of the woods
Yes it is. I'm guessing you know who's it is? I will be running a trap line again this year. I have trail cams of other dogs as well, one's black.

Last edited:
He appears to have some type of home since he has a collar and is in good shape...needs to be leashed up tho. I had a problem with the neighbor dogs running deer on my place too for a while. They are not a problem anymore and must have chained them up.

Nope, I don't know who's dog he is. I blame the owner, not the dog. Though I'm not happy about the situation, the dog will get a pass if he comes under my stand. We just buried our German Shepard on Oct 11 and I don't want anyone to feel the way I did that day. If I do find the owner, I will ask them to keep it home or I'll contact the sheriff.

You have my respect. It is the owner and not the dog. It is easier to take it out on the dog then confront the owner.

Im sorry, but I dont know how far this is away from someone's home but your german shephard is not the same caliber as this dog. Yours was a pet that you kept in your own yard and near your own house.

I have to many strays around my place to decide if it is someones pet or not.

Im sorry, but I dont know how far this is away from someone's home but your german shephard is not the same caliber as this dog. Yours was a pet that you kept in your own yard and near your own house.

I have to many strays around my place to decide if it is someones pet or not.

IT HAS A COLLAR!!!! Its definitely someones pet. The dog was prolly horny or something.. Have you ever done anything stupid when you wanted a piece? I oughta shoot you for trying to get a phone number.

I have more hunts ruined by other people than dogs. Go ahead and shoot it since you are too busy to "decide" whether it is someones pet, you are no different than the trail cam pic I just posted. A decent person would see if it stuck around and figure out where it belonged. If it was a spook with no collar, a shot may be an option. But a healthy collared dog, cmon man?

I have lost a dog in the past (a great dog) due to cancer. She never left the yard and knew where she belonged. But, if she strayed for a day or two and someone shot her (she always had a collar), all I know is karma is a SOB.

I hate ruined hunts like the rest of you. And I may have disagreed with certain dogs and certain owners in the past. But I have never shot a dog and likely never will. Consider how important your *hunt* is the next time you draw on a possible family member. IT HAS A COLLAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

If I knew the dog and the owner... and their was a serious problem that was not getting better after contacting the owner - then I may take it out on the dog.. But that would hardly ever be an option if you contact the owner with your plans.

Last edited:
I was afraid that this might turn into a "SSS" thread that has been hashed out so many times in the past, but I went ahead and posted anyways, My bad!

Yes, our German Shepard was probably more of a member of our family than the "hound" breed of dog in the trail cam pic. Still, I've had hunting dogs of various breeds and I have had them take off on a trail or two. THAT is what dogs do, especially the hunting/hound types. Even though they were "working" dogs, I still grew attached to them, especially with the time invested training them. If someone shot my dog in the few hours that it went missing I'd be pissed, to say the least.

Also, there have been some hounds running the timbers during deer season the last couple of years. I have no idea if someone is setting them loose to push deer, whether coon hunters have lost them, or if they are a pet that takes off on a trail. I've also had coyote dogs come trotting across my farm during deer season. I wasn't happy at first, but figured whats done is done and maybe they will stir up the deer and something will move by me. Try to take advantage of a less than ideal situation.

Finally, I run a fair number of trail cameras and this was the ONLY pic I got of this brute, last week or the entire year. If he was a chronic offender, I'd have put some serious effort into tracking down it's owner. I've got a couple of other dogs that are more frequent visitors. From the pics I've gotten, they appear to be running raccoons (while early MZ hunting last weekend, I heard these dogs on my property, sounded like they were in front of one of my cams set to video, I'll find out with this weekend's card pull). Well, I'll be trapping for raccoons here in a couple of weeks. If I find one of those dogs in my traps, I'll be knocking on doors. I really don't want to wade in on a strange dog caught in a leghold trap and get bit for trying to be the nice guy. I'll leave that up to it's owner.:way:

i know of two black ones ones a coon hound which i haev no sympathy over and the other for that matter none aswell so do as u haft to other than the lil austrailan shepard which is useful do what u gotta do and hooch in the picture im almost positive is coming from where clay used to live

I lost a coon hound one night put my coat out like i have more than once for my hound's to spend the night on...Not this time the next day was not a good day only to find my hound dead from an A**hole neighbor and no the dog was not on his ground...This dog look's lost and timid to me..You guy's do what you want to dog's just remember what comes around go's around when the owner get's wind that guy found that out and know i never took it out on any of his pet's...Randy am with you if it keep's happing then a guy's got to take control of the problem...HAPPY HUNTING ALL

Top Bottom