Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Zone 3 Chances?

rebbie

I have been invited out by a friend of mine to hunt his place this coming year for the Late Muzzle loading season! He is in Zone 3. He says that I should have a good chance at drawing NR Late Muzzle Loading Season tag for Zone 3. Just wondering if anyone else has experiences with drawing a Tag in Zone 3? I will be going in with 0 Preference points. Thanks.

Since you will be a future Iowa resident as it says in the member info on the left of your post, I'd just wait til you move here then just go get a tag with a 100% chance. Really!!! If you want to draw late ML, it would probably depend on the folks trying to draw that Zone that particular year and how many points they have. Either way, good luck!!

Shredder, I would move to Iowa tomorrow if I could! Wife just not ready yet! I have to play the NR game for now! From what I have heard, Zone 3 is over looked by most of the NR! Most NR want to hunt Souther Iowa! Hope this is true!

Rebbie, most NR's want the bow tag or first gun tag. You have a great chance of drawing with zero points in second gun season or muzz season. In fact, I know a NR who has drawn several years in a row in late muzz.

Rebbie, most NR's want the bow tag or first gun tag. You have a great chance of drawing with zero points in second gun season or muzz season. In fact, I know a NR who has drawn several years in a row in late muzz.

Thanks for the info. That seems to be what I am hearing from most people!

There is no quota difference for which gun season you pick so the odds of getting a 1st shotgun season gun tag are the same as for the late season muzzy tag. I know a NR who drew every year for several in a row for 1st shotgun (zone 8) until he opted to take a year off this year.

Just an update from my post earlier this year. I was successful in drawing a Late Muzzy Season Tag for Zone 3! Thanks guys and wish me luck!

Where at in zone 3?

I'll be hunting in Harrison County in Mondamin, Iowa. My friend says he also has property in Monona County. He said it all depends what the best food source is at that time. Anyone else hunt this area?

Top Bottom