Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Oh no! I got a Bushnell Trophy cam for Christmas!

Tomo

After reading Scott's post on his and others disappointment in the Bushnell Trophy cam I decided to stay away from it. Well I got one for Christmas and sure enough I had one of the "affected" units based on Bushnell's website.

I decided to take a few pix first before I did the firmware update then try the same pix after the update. Below are the results.

BEFORE firmware update:

Pic 1: I walked from the right to left. You can see the cam barely caught me on the left.
PICT0002.jpg

Pic 2:
PICT0004.jpg

Pic 3:
PICT0005.jpg

AFTER firmware update:

Pic 1: Same walk right to left. Cam seemed to fire quicker although still blurry. I chalk it up to me being only about a yard away.
PICT00031.jpg

Pic 2:
PICT00042.jpg

Pic 3:
PICT00053.jpg

The firmware update definitely improved the quality of the pics so if you have a Bushnell Trophy cam and are unhappy with the quality I highly recommend the update from Bushnell. http://www.bushnell.com/products/trail-cameras/product-support/software-updates/

Bushnell has been top notch with their customer service on the new cams. They told me after we had the firmare upgrade if we still weren't satisfied to contact them and they would replace the cam. I have to admit I haven't had a problem since the upgrade. I still say that if you can get your hands on the 2009 versions of the cams you are better off, they were one of the better cams I ever had.

Kratz

I finally got around to putting the update on my cameras as they were on the list of affected cams. It made a HUGE difference in the clarity of pics. I took before and afters at thirty feet with my cams and it was night and day difference with the crispness of the photos. I still dont think the light put out horizontally is the best but I will put them back out and give them another try.

I also got one for xmas but I'm not having as good of luck with mine. Checked the updates showed my cam was good.

I got pix good in the house but when I put the camera out side in the cold for an hour I got about ten feet of illumination on the pix. :mad: With the temps in the 20's it is no where close to the -5 they claim on the package.

I have the lithium batteries I even checked thier voltage to make sure they were good. They all read 1.73.

Sent an email to Bushnell today phones were always busy when I tried calling.

I have some with blurry pics- quite blurry. Send in OR try and figure out myself with download. I'd rather just send them in (have to send couple others in that don't work anyways) but don't want to get a "status quo" bad one back- if they send me new cams back- will those be "good" or "corrected" cams they are sending out now?

*For those that want to download the update or whatever. Where do you find that and is it easy to do?

Just go to the link posted above for the download. It was pretty easy to do,just follow the instructions they give. I am pulling my cams for the first time this weekend so I will post some before and after pics when I get them to see if there was a difference.

Glad you guys are spending your money on these! Now I don't have to!! Like I really wanna dick around with a product that does'nt work how it's suppose to! Uploads /downloads!! Thats funny!! Ya! We are your puppet!! Sorry!! Bushnell looses!! Ya don't get my money!!:thrwrck::thrwrck: So who makes one that does what is suppose to do?? And not have to pay extra?????

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
I am going to buy Wildgame X6Cs for my next ones. They are around $110 dollars but they take excellent photos. From what I read really no issues as far as them working.

The downfall to them is slower trigger worse battery life. All mine are going on public land so I don't want to pay a mint to have them stolen. It appears the trigger is around 2 seconds but it has a very wide detection range so it really isnt an issue especially for scrapes, mineral licks etc. Batteries you will get around 2000 pictures or so per set which doesn't compare at all to a bushnell but for my low density deer woods that will be plenty.

Here are some photos I pulled off the net for comparison. Good enough for me I guess.
982-doe.jpg

982-pict0089.jpg

I would say if you want something comparable to the Bushnells that actually works it appears the Scoutguard SG560 is the most comparable. I was going to buy some of these but they are in the 175-210 range and since its on public ground I dont know how crazy I want to get.

Last edited:
Liv,
The x6c's are decent, but the battery life is terrible. If you want a great camera that is affordable, I would recommend the Moultrie D55. I bought 6 of them last fall at Cabelas for 79.00 a piece figuring if they sucked I could just return them. I have owned about every camera you can buy except the Bushnell and I can honestly say Moultrie definately hit a home run with this cam. Great battery life, good trigger speed, and great pics. I have been running mine all summer, fall, and winter so far with not one issue. My last card pull was Saturday and the camera had been out through all of the brutally cold weather and snow that we've had up here, 2300 pics, and still had 74% battery. For 80.00 you can't go wrong! :way:

I would say if you want something comparable to the Bushnells that actually works it appears the Scoutguard SG560 is the most comparable. I was going to buy some of these but they are in the 175-210 range and since its on public ground I dont know how crazy I want to get.

If you want something comparable to Bushnell's problem try the Scoutguard SG560. Blurry pics day and night with tunnel flash at night. Also no service from HCO or their dealers.My only and last store bought trail cam. I'll stick with my homebrews.

Liv,
The x6c's are decent, but the battery life is terrible. If you want a great camera that is affordable, I would recommend the Moultrie D55. I bought 6 of them last fall at Cabelas for 79.00 a piece figuring if they sucked I could just return them. I have owned about every camera you can buy except the Bushnell and I can honestly say Moultrie definately hit a home run with this cam. Great battery life, good trigger speed, and great pics. I have been running mine all summer, fall, and winter so far with not one issue. My last card pull was Saturday and the camera had been out through all of the brutally cold weather and snow that we've had up here, 2300 pics, and still had 74% battery. For 80.00 you can't go wrong! :way:

Thank's for your post!! :way:

Top Bottom