Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Outreach Outdoors DVD Review

muddy

I normally wouldn't do this simply because people would think I'm trying to "pimp a product", but in this case it just has to be said.

I watched Vol 4 of the Outreach Outdoors entitled "Our Story" yesterday afternoon and was completely blown away by how awesome the DVD was. For a bunch of down home honest guys who all work regular jobs, have zero corporate sponsors, and have to pull crazy strings just to sometimes find a cameraman this is hands down the best DVD I've ever seen. Begining to end there was not one commercial, not one "tip of the pros", and not one section where a hunter complained about having to deal with difficult hunting conditions. In fact, when conditions were at their worst the guys on film actually praised God just for the fact that they were able to be out there hunting. Absolutely refreshing to see.

The entire hunting aspect of the DVD was second only to Matt Hofferts message at the end of the video. Nothing pushy but absolutely hits you right between the eyes with honesty and integrity.

Well done guys, VERY well done. I hope I am able to contribute more in the coming years as my kid duties hopefully slow down a touch.

I bought one too, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Muddy, unless your kids are about to graduate from college, and I know that isn't true, well, I'll just say, thanks for the chuckle this morning.

Thanks a bunch Muddy, glad you liked! :way:

I got your text yesterday about that W2 hunt... well, lets just say we didn't tell anyone what happened that night and just went back to the cabin and popped the tape in the player and played it on the TV. Everyone in the cabin was on the edge of their seats wondering what was going to happen next... :D

Last edited:
I bought one too, but haven't had a chance to watch it. Muddy, unless your kids are about to graduate from college, and I know that isn't true, well, I'll just say, thanks for the chuckle this morning.
I have no idea how old his kids are but you pretty much hit the nail on the head there:way:

One of the best hunting DVD's I have seen. You guys did an awesome job! Can't wait to see the next one!

Great video! Matt your "complete experience" message was so well put and relatable. I take a similar approach which certainly takes the so called stress out of hunting. Good work guys!

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I also popped it into the dvd player yesterday afternoon. It was an afternoon well spent. I too liked the aspect that there wasn't anything forced down your throat and there were no corporate sponsors. Well worth the $5!

I Muddy, unless your kids are about to graduate from college, and I know that isn't true, well, I'll just say, thanks for the chuckle this morning.

I was all ready laughing at Matt's comments (I know how old they are) when I read this. Thanks to both of you for a much needed laugh today! :way:

I have to comment on this DVD as well.

I have bought and watched the Outreach guy's DVD ever since they produced their first one. It is refreshing to watch a hunting show, that is Christian based in today's world, that doesn't throw a sponsor plug at you every 15 seconds. I get really tired of the, "couldn't have done it without my_____________ " insert anything you can imagine in there.

I have found it hard to sit down now days, and watch any production companies DVD, because if I wanted infomercials, I can stay up till 1 am any night and get plenty of them. When I watch a hunting DVD, I want to see hunting, how, why and so on. Also, the "celebs", it's harder and harder to watch them as a family guy with a full time job, because that is what they do for a living. I'm not even going to say that I wouldn't given the opportunity, but as a average guy with a family to look after first, a job second, and hunting comes in 3rd or 4rth, I like watching guys that are on the same playing field as me. All the guys on the DVD have full time jobs, wives (well, not all), kids, and so do their camera men, and they have to jungle all of that together, make it work where both of them can be in the same tree to make it happen!

Hats off to you guys for an excellent DVD. It is a top notch production, and VERY strong message, and it was hard for me to walk away from it, just for a minute.

I recommend this DVD to anyone on here. If you like the big sponsored type shows, and love seeing the new "gadget" and "must have" item, well your not going to get it here. These guys use what they use, and produce a DVD to spread a message, and they kill some amazing deer. Like muddy stated, what other DVD out there has this many bow kills with an average score of 150 inches (that's not inflated either).

I can not wait to see what you guys come out with next year. Every year you guys are getting better, and you started out good.

Thank you for a great DVD Outreach Outdoors!!

I'm not a video guy but I need to get one and will be buying one. Great! I figured it would be good, just haven't got around to getting one.

Nanny pretty much summed up my thoughts on this topic to a "T". Enjoyed the content (hunts, messages, etc.) very much.

I rarely buy videos, but yall talked me into it. It just arrived in the mail this morning, hopefully I have a little time to watch it at work tonight!

"I hope I am able to contribute more in the coming years as my kid duties hopefully slow down a touch." Grasshopper you have so much to learn.

Got mine in the mail on Wednesday and watched it late that night... very good DVD! I really enjoyed the "down-to-earth" feeling you guys have and the message is the best... all that and you are able to offer them for $5 - what is that, something like 30 cents per buck harvested on the DVD?

Congrats and keep it going, I look forward to next years show!

Top Bottom