Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ozonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also believe if you could hook up an air-horn to a battery; there wouldn't be a deer within 5 miles that could hear you. I'm not sure it's the way i want to hunt, but it will work in a pinch.

I have hunted with a buddy from texas i call gadget man.He sat all day with me one day and he had one with him.I hate to say it but we did have a number of deer down wind of us throughout the day and not 1 deer spooked.some would look our way and they smelled something but not 1 spooked and ran off.Thats just what i saw.But i wont be buying one.I dont buy scent eliminating sprays either though.I do use apple shampoo during hunting season!

Yeah, it works in ground blinds on a whole different level because the ozone has far more time to react with the somewhat "stagnant" air flow. The inventor of the machine is a dentist from Texas named Scott Elrod. He used an ozone machine when cauterizing human flesh during his surgeries (which I’m told is a rancid smell beyond anything you can imagine). They used this machine to prevent himself and his patients from getting sick from the smell.

One day it occurred to him "I wonder if this would work in a ground blind hunting deer” (because he hunted almost exclusively from ground blinds in Texas). He didn't honestly even believe it could work from a treestand until his testers were taking it into the trees. At the time he actually told them "it probably won't work in that situation". It did work though, which years now down the road now, has been tweaked and developed to do just that. Because ozone is heavier than oxygen, it will naturally “fall” into your scent stream. The original unit (we call the boat anchor because it was like 7 pounds and looked like a freaking brick) relied on this “sinking” to work in a treestand. It did work, but the new units blow SO much more ozone out at such a massive speed that you can literally force the ozone stream over your scent stream (we call it a stream because air flows like water – except you can’t see it). This is why the HR-200’s work far better than the original “boat anchor” unit.

Thanks very much for being open minded about it guys. Believe me, when my buddy Craig Enervold first told me about this thing at the ATA show I straight-up blew him off. He was persistent and 3 years later after my first day in the field with it (the Tuner footage from our video “Ground Zero”), I literally couldn’t sleep for several nights because I couldn’t get my mind around it. It now is the most vital piece of equipment I bring into the field. First thing we do when we get into our stands is get them set-up and running. Before I pull my bow up, before we put the camera arm on the tree. Only after clicking into our harness, this is absolutely the priority. Start killing the scent around our tree from when we just came in.

I’m still working on figuring out ground scent, cause it’s the last piece of the puzzle for me. Once we crack this nut, it’ll be a different ball-game! Ground scent in my areas is the #1 consideration I have now when hunting different areas. I feel like if I walk through a piece of timber, I’ve ruined it for days. Just have to figure that out, and I’m going to be testing a bunch of new products to see if any of these companies out there have created something that will work. Thus far, I’ve found nothing to completely eliminate ground scent. This is the crap I lay awake at night thinking about. I’ve considered zip-lines, chair lifts, and freaking parachuting into stands I’ll put it that way! He he he…..

It now is the most vital piece of equipment I bring into the field.

Are you sponsered by Ozonics? Because I can think of at least two things that would be way more vital than it.(weapon and projectiles).

You truly believe in this product that is apparent. You almost have me sold on it:D

Yeah, it works in ground blinds on a whole different level because the ozone has far more time to react with the somewhat "stagnant" air flow. The inventor of the machine is a dentist from Texas named Scott Elrod. He used an ozone machine when cauterizing human flesh during his surgeries (which I’m told is a rancid smell beyond anything you can imagine). They used this machine to prevent himself and his patients from getting sick from the smell.

One day it occurred to him "I wonder if this would work in a ground blind hunting deer” (because he hunted almost exclusively from ground blinds in Texas). He didn't honestly even believe it could work from a treestand until his testers were taking it into the trees. At the time he actually told them "it probably won't work in that situation". It did work though, which years now down the road now, has been tweaked and developed to do just that. Because ozone is heavier than oxygen, it will naturally “fall” into your scent stream. The original unit (we call the boat anchor because it was like 7 pounds and looked like a freaking brick) relied on this “sinking” to work in a treestand. It did work, but the new units blow SO much more ozone out at such a massive speed that you can literally force the ozone stream over your scent stream (we call it a stream because air flows like water – except you can’t see it). This is why the HR-200’s work far better than the original “boat anchor” unit.

Thanks very much for being open minded about it guys. Believe me, when my buddy Craig Enervold first told me about this thing at the ATA show I straight-up blew him off. He was persistent and 3 years later after my first day in the field with it (the Tuner footage from our video “Ground Zero”), I literally couldn’t sleep for several nights because I couldn’t get my mind around it. It now is the most vital piece of equipment I bring into the field. First thing we do when we get into our stands is get them set-up and running. Before I pull my bow up, before we put the camera arm on the tree. Only after clicking into our harness, this is absolutely the priority. Start killing the scent around our tree from when we just came in.

I’m still working on figuring out ground scent, cause it’s the last piece of the puzzle for me. Once we crack this nut, it’ll be a different ball-game! Ground scent in my areas is the #1 consideration I have now when hunting different areas. I feel like if I walk through a piece of timber, I’ve ruined it for days. Just have to figure that out, and I’m going to be testing a bunch of new products to see if any of these companies out there have created something that will work. Thus far, I’ve found nothing to completely eliminate ground scent. This is the crap I lay awake at night thinking about. I’ve considered zip-lines, chair lifts, and freaking parachuting into stands I’ll put it that way! He he he…..

Why not strap the ozonics onto your back or pack and run it behind you on the walk in as well? If it will destroy scent that is air born and on the move I would think it would work as good or better on ground scent that is stationary. Who knows but Im sure it wouldnt hurt to try. Have you ever tried elimitrax?

We've actually done that (carry the units in while holding it over our trail), but we've still be busted with ground scent after doing so. There's something about the contact of your body/ clothing/ equipment with the earth/ fauna that doesn't work the same as air-born scent. Trying to figure it out yet.

I've not tried elimitrax but don't believe they would work (never tested them, this is only MY opinion). Reason being, they are fabric, fabric holds scent, and just putting them on (unless wearing latex gloves) would put enough human scent onto them that a whitetail could EASILY smell it. We're talking about an animal that can detect human scent in the single parts per million. They can smell human scent sitting on-top of water for gods sake! Unless someone shows me a rubber (non-porrus) or plastic type of a booty or "suit" to walk in with; you are always putting human odor onto the ground as you walk. The problem with rubber or plastic is that it doesn't breath, and I sweat like a hoss to begin with. By the time you would reach your stand, you'd be worse off than wearing camo. I'm also not a believer in rubber boots. They lay more scent down that a pair of leather boots in my opinion. One of the greatest whitetail hunters in the world won't wear rubber boots for the same reason. He turned me, I won't say his name, but he's killed more B&C's with a bow than anyone in the country as far as I know. If I told this person about Ozonic's and what they do, he'd laugh me out of the room. The old school dudes "know" what a whitetails nose is capible of doing. Trying to convince these guys (some of you guys too) that a product can beat a whitetails nose is not an easy task. It's why you don't see Ozonic's EVERYWHERE, because people just "can't" believe it. Heck, if you knew how many big name pros who were sponsored by carbon clothing compaines; and have an ozoinic's with them EVERYTIME they are in the field, you'd puke. Just listen for that "whine" on video when they are in a ground blind. It's not a coffee maker guys!

Our joke in camp while discussing this stuff used to be that it would take a plastic bubble with a respirater of sorts to beat a whitetails nose. They call him "Bubble Bowhunter Boy"...

Yes, I'm sponsored by Ozonic's, I'm actually one of their greatest spokespeople as you can tell by my messages. I called them as soon as I used the product and wanted to get involved in the development. They also like the fact that I'm a nut with this stuff and can help them from a hard-core bowhunters prospective.

Just because I'm sponsored by them doesn't mean I'm a lyer. Many of the other "pros" out there promote products that don't work just because they get paid to do so. I can assure you that I am NOT one of those guys.

The same reason I use Lone Wolf stands, Predator camo, Ozonic's, and Huntmore chairs. I may be sponsored by these companies, I may have designed some of the products, but I use them because they are THE BEST, and have features and benefits that give me an advantage in the field - period! I've turned down numerous oportunities to promote scent elimination stuff in the past because it didn't work. I've turned down numerous "gimmick" products that are a joke as well, because they don't make me a better / or more deadly hunter. I take what I promote very seriously and aim to help hunters, not make money. If it was all about the money I surely wouldn't be selling DVD's. If you've ever watched any of our videos you will see that we aren't the typical industry type guys. We aren't switching sponsors every year to make more money.

Someday when you use my Wicked Saw you will see the same thing. I don't care to be the biggest, I just want to make the best; and solve the problems that we bowhunters face in the field on a daily basis. Hunting mature whitetails is tough enough, I just want to make, use, and promote the tools that make it a little easier (because it's alot of freaking work as you all know)!

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
We've actually done that (carry the units in while holding it over our trail), but we've still be busted with ground scent after doing so. There's something about the contact of your body/ clothing/ equipment with the earth/ fauna that doesn't work the same as air-born scent. Trying to figure it out yet.

The human body constantly sheds dead skin cells and lots of them. As you walk to your stand, you are leaving a trail of them. Deer and dogs can follow this track, as it persists for some time afterward.

I would guess that the Ozonics is masking the different odors emanating from your body when in the blind/on stand, a situation where the skin cells aren't as large of a part of the equation.

The old school dudes "know" what a whitetails nose is capible of doing. Trying to convince these guys (some of you guys too) that a product can beat a whitetails nose is not an easy task. It's why you don't see Ozonic's EVERYWHERE, because people just "can't" believe it. Heck, if you knew how many big name pros who were sponsored by carbon clothing compaines; and have an ozoinic's with them EVERYTIME they are in the field, you'd puke. Just listen for that "whine" on video when they are in a ground blind. It's not a coffee maker guys!

Not trying to be a smart ass, but most "old school" guys I know would rather beat a deer with only their hunting skills not an electronic gadget. It's not that the product works or doesn't, it's satisfaction from beating the animal in every form. Where do you draw the line, I guess it's what you can live with. As far as I'm concerned you can have your wall full of booners killed with Ozonics, but I'll take just one big one killed on the animals terms.

What really bugs me is that young and inexperienced hunters see all this stuff and think they need it to truely be successful.

Last edited:
I agree River1..I posted that earlier, I would much rather outsmart them than use gadgets. To each their own

intresting article in bow and arrow hunting (i believe). i like the idea of using it to clean and de scent clothing and gear over carting some contraption out in the woods

River1, I too agree with you on that. Todd may be right on everything he claims.I know several other people that swear by the ozonics, but how much of an advantage do you really want. I killed my big deer last december with a bow from a pop up ground blind, after sitting it for four days in a row, with no scent precautions other than a good setup with a true wind blowing away from the field. Each day I went from working to coveralls that I am sure smelled of sweat, tractor exhaust and horse poop. Maybe the deer on my farm are just used to my uncovered working smell. I run alot of cameras all year, but I would compare the ozonics if it works that good to guys that while gunhunting, get a picture sent to their phone of a huge buck that just came out in another field on the other side of the farm. They then sneak out and over to the other field to shoot him. To me that much technology crosses the line from something that is a great tool.But really everyone is different about what makes them proud of what they have done.
Todd-Not trying to bash you at all. I think your videos are great and nothing but respect for ya.I too have pondered everthing from ziplines to parachutes to get in, problem is how do you get out.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Save your cash and buy a couple more tanks of gas this fall.

Scott said:
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Save your cash and buy a couple more tanks of gas this fall.

But it's not ridiculous. That's what he's saying. If you ask me it's amazing that anyone has managed to shoot a deer up to this point in history.
Now if Dave Smith would make a deer decoy we'd really have it made.

If hunting big mature deer are ever "easy" than I'll raise my bar. I ate 3 Iowa buck tags this year while using an Ozonic's in the tree, but I didn't want to shoot anything under a 5-1/2. Easy? Killing a mature buck with a bow will NEVER be easy. If that's what I was looking for, I'd start gun hunting.

Maybe the ozonics spooked the mature deer away :drink1: haha, just kidding man.. did you really have 3 bucks over 5 1/2 in your hunting area though? I mean, not hard to figure out if there werent three, obviously you were going to have tag soup?? or maybe I am wrong

Yes, I know every whitetail that lives within probably 1 mile radius of where I hunt. Watch the Whitetails, Inc. shed hunting episodes to see many of the bucks that I passed / never got a crack at. I don't have 1,000's of acres of killer ground to hunt - I sure wish I did, but I'm content chasing what I have because they are deer I know. I could get into the pieces of the puzzle's that I can't access (ground), but it's off topic. Again, putting a mature whitetail within bow range is sometimes something that can't be controlled. I had several oportunities at big 6-1/2+ year old deer, but they didn't give me a shot, so I ate tag soup! Most everything is on our web show, so you can watch what I'm talking about if you choose to do so. It's also 100% to watch, so you can't complain about it being too expensive!

I'm going to have to say that unless you're someone like Jay and use only primitive weapons and no camo from the ground sitting in a brush pile or Fireman and using an atlatyl, then no one here has a right to knock the use of ozonics being too "modernized" or too "gadgety".. if that's so, then better get rid of your HD camo, compound bows, range finders, binoculars, tree stands, and trail cameras

I understand why some people have a problem with it, but I also feel that it's just a matter of personal opinion. I'm not going to bash anyone cause they don't want to use any particular piece of equipment. I'm as opinionated as they come on stuff, and I'll admit sometimes I've called something "stupid" to end up using it years later. It's personal growth I guess?

Years ago one of the best hunters I know and respect more than anyone told me that he felt guilty using trail cameras. He explained that we have lost that element of the unknown that he enjoyed so much about hunting. So, there is always a different side to any story. As a bowhunting nut, I have no problems using Ozonic's and eliminating the snorts that make my blood pressure soar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom